• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Farage Ltd and Similar Watch

It wouldn't be pleasant. But then surely at £14k p/a there are some benefits, even as a single man (for example)?

If not, say that's a grand a month, you could rent a (shit) flat (in an unpleasant area) for £300, bills about £150 all in, maybe £100 on food, and £50 on transport. £300 a month to save/play with. If you're frugal and shop around a bit for the essentials, you'd have a bit of pocket money.

Bills would be way more than £150 if you're including council tax, gas, leccy, water, phone, TV etc. Also transport would be far more than that too, especially if you had to commute for work. So it depends on how far you're willing to travel for £14k a year!

I still don't know why halting immigration would solve poverty.

Well a working class drunk who is against immigration but loves immigrants, who will never vote for UKIP, but agrees with all their policies.( Not my words) must have a siesta.

I'll take this with me to bed.

Internet bullies don't like people sticking up for themselves.

I'ts ok to lie to prove your point.

To be articulate has nothing to do with intelligence.

Great laugh here and don't take it so seriously.

Bills would be way more than £150 if you're including council tax, gas, leccy, water, phone, TV etc. Also transport would be far more than that too, especially if you had to commute for work. So it depends on how far you're willing to travel for £14k a year!

I thought a bus pass was about £40?

Following divorce I lived alone for a year, no gas, leccy was about £50, council tax the same, TV licence and water about 30. That gives £20 for a mobile contract or home broadband, if you get a payg phone.

I'm also pissed off that thm is going to bed, as I'm halfway through a pre-emptive £100 shopping basket that would last a month, as well as being nutritionally excellent, and with multi use ingredients allowing for varied tastes *shakes fist*

I'm also pissed off that thm is going to bed, as I'm halfway through a pre-emptive £100 shopping basket that would last a month, as well as being nutritionally excellent, and with multi use ingredients allowing for varied tastes *shakes fist*

Hope it's not from Tesco.

I thought a bus pass was about £40?

Following divorce I lived alone for a year, no gas, leccy was about £50, council tax the same, TV licence and water about 30. That gives £20 for a mobile contract or home broadband, if you get a payg phone.

Well, that's kind of my point. I couldn't do the commute I do on public transport - so I guess it goes back to how far you were willing/able to travel for £14k.

Well, that's kind of my point. I couldn't do the commute I do on public transport - so I guess it goes back to how far you were willing/able to travel for £14k.

True, but then you wouldn't really have to commute that far in order to get a £14k job.

Sky was a true story, and me pointing out that some people thought their Sky Subscription was more important than their mortgage. The Gola and Slazenger thing was a piss take.....I've never owned a pair of Gola trainers.

You are a very strange cookie or a WUM. I've not quite worked out which yet.

Alan Morgan said:
Any sufficiently advanced troll is indistinguishable from a genuine kook.

Well if UKIP are for poverty I don't like them much anymore!Not a fan to begin with really.

Quote Originally Posted by Penk Wolf View Post
Sky was a true story, and me pointing out that some people thought their Sky Subscription was more important than their mortgage. The Gola and Slazenger thing was a piss take.....I've never owned a pair of Gola trainers.

You are a very strange cookie or a WUM. I've not quite worked out which yet.
Quote Originally Posted by Alan Morgan
Any sufficiently advanced troll is indistinguishable from a genuine kook.

A bit harsh on Penk, I know he lied for 3 pages on this thread to make us believe he was poorer in the 80's, than he is now. According to the definition below he is a troll or stupid.I think they are both too harsh. I believe him when he says he was just having a laugh.

The most essential part of trolling is convincing your victim that either a) truly believe in what you are saying, no matter how outrageous, or b) give your victim malicious instructions, under the guise of help.
Trolling requires decieving; any trolling that doesn't involve decieving someone isn't trolling at all; it's just stupid. As such, your victim must not know that you are trolling; if he does, you are an unsuccesful troll.

Pity that this discussion had the potential to be interesting, but like so many of this nature it wasn't. Not really sure what point was trying to be made now.

A lot of the info was being taken from one survey/report which merely reinforces the quotation 'Lies, damned lies & statistics'. It is not difficult to skew a result the way that is wanted by the questions & how they are worded to produce any bias those commissioning it want. Am not suggesting that this was the case with this one, but its not unheard of whichever side of the political divide you sit.

Is there poverty now - clearly yes, either through circumstance, ill health or in some cases poor lifestyle choices. Is it worse than 30yrs ago (& why just compare with then, why not 20yrs ago or 1930's depression period) - depends what you measure it against. Aspirations change, the measure of what constitutes poverty changes & you are comparing apples with oranges & it doesn't really work.

I would accept that society is more unequal now than it has been for some time, but we should be looking at ways to bring the bottom element up (&if necessary levelling the top off if that helps that occur) rather than worrying whether it was better or worse years ago. We are living in the now not 30 yrs ago (I might as well consider how we fare when set against the Middle Ages)

A lot of the info was being taken from one survey/report which merely reinforces the quotation 'Lies, damned lies & statistics'. It is not difficult to skew a result the way that is wanted by the questions & how they are worded to produce any bias those commissioning it want. Am not suggesting that this was the case with this one, but its not unheard of whichever side of the political divide you sit.

Fair point.

This is what the Guardian says about the survey.

The research, billed as the most detailed study ever of poverty in the UK, claims that almost 18 million Britons live in inadequate housing conditions and that 12 million are too poor to take part in all the basic social activities – such as entertaining friends or attending all the family occasions they would wish to. It suggests that one in three people cannot afford to heat their homes properly, while 4 million adults and children are not able to eat healthily.

This is what the guardian says about LIVING STANDARDS

The number of British households falling below minimum living standards has more than doubled in the past 30 years, despite the size of the economy increasing twofold, a study on poverty and deprivation in the UK claims .

A bit harsh on Penk, I know he lied for 3 pages on this thread to make us believe he was poorer in the 80's, than he is now. According to the definition below he is a troll or stupid.I think they are both too harsh. I believe him when he says he was just having a laugh.
I think this is a bit out of order to be fair mate.

Pity that this discussion had the potential to be interesting, but like so many of this nature it wasn't. Not really sure what point was trying to be made now.
Absolutely.

Fair point.

The research, billed as the most detailed study ever of poverty in the UK, claims that almost 18 million Britons live in inadequate housing conditions and that 12 million are too poor to take part in all the basic social activities – such as entertaining friends or attending all the family occasions they would wish to. It suggests that one in three people cannot afford to heat their homes properly, while 4 million adults and children are not able to eat healthily.

Massive numbers,hard to fathom this can go unnoticed.Everyone should know a few of them.

There is a direct link between poverty, the decline in living standards and people voting for parties of the extreme left or right. Which is my point.

Living standards, and real terms poverty are 2 very different things.

Fair point.

This is what the guardian says about LIVING STANDARDS

The number of British households falling below minimum living standards has more than doubled in the past 30 years, despite the size of the economy increasing twofold, a study on poverty and deprivation in the UK claims .

Billed as the most detailed ever? 1,000 people surveyed.

Back