• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

FA Cup

I have BT broadband and have nothing? I have to pay more to get it bolted onto sky albeit at a reduced rate.

When I first signed up it gave me the choice of having BT S1 for free, or the lot for £5 p/m (IIRC).

None of this has helped - not prepared to sign up to BT as there is a contract term & not willing to be with them for much time (they shafted me financially previously) - would rather have a service that allows a one day access as Sky does (at a reasonable cost that I am prepared to pay)

Pretty sure that they don't offer that.

They don't offer day passes at all. Doesn't fit their business model.

Won't be able to watch this then - not able to get a ticket (though probably wasn't going to try anyway)

Just hope for a midweek replay then as can make that (being retired helps :icon_biggrin:)

Guessing there will be pubs that will show it?

Living in the rural South West then probably not (though will see whether the Red Lion in town is going to though it's not one I favour if I can see it elsewhere)

A quick search indicates that I will need to drive to Yeovil; (15 miles) to find a pub that has BT Sports available.

Will do a tour of the town Monday to see if anyone else can assist

Its Liverpool. It will be on in loads of places.

You have to realise that there are few of us down here - we are not going to give outlets sufficient return to show this unless we are carried out at the end having no idea what the final score was.

Having just seen the Swansea highlights if we have our usual front four they should be able to ask those defenders a question or three.

This game could be the game Costa announces his arrival in English football.

Yep. I've got BT broadband so they're all included.
Not for long sadly. I swapped to BT infinity in the autumn and get BT 1,2,3 sports foc included SD and £5 per month HD. BT have just announced price increases from April and sports channels will be £3.50 per month from next season [emoji35]

When BT announced last time they were charging for one of the sports channels, my mate phoned em up and told em to cancel the sports channels and he was considering binning their internet anyway cos of the poor service. So they carried on with free sports and gave him a discount on his bill. Dunno if this would work again

NowTV is Sky only (Sky own it).

I wish BT would fuck off, they benefit no-one with their presence.

PL viewing figures down 11% (SKY/BT combined) this season from last and down 22% since 10/11 season (when SKY only).

Probably several reasons why but would say introducing BT hasnt helped.

If they continue to drop then the next TV deal might be "interesting"

I hate BT Sport.

I can get it free on my phone (until the end of this month anyway) but we've got the family round on Saturday lunchtime for my son's 2nd birthday party so I can't watch it anyway.

There's so much wrong about them.

Making people pay a ton more money to get the exact same stuff they were already getting a few years ago.

Astronomical fees if you want to watch through a Sky box and don't want their wank broadband.

Pushing up the prices even further for pubs who already have to pay silly money to show live sport.

They're BT, so customer service is bound to be dross.

They're funding this whole venture out of the profits they make out of Openreach, which is a) a monopoly and b) possibly the worst service in Britain. You do not ever want to deal with them.

They employ Jake Humphrey, Michael Owen, Glenn Hoddle and Robbie Savage. And have Harry Redknapp on quite a lot. And employed Mark Halsey for a while.

Their coverage itself is like a Netto version of Sky's, it looks and feels amateurish.

They've managed to make vast swathes of the country lose interest in the Champions League and Europa League completely by hiding it away.

No regular CL football on FTA TV in the UK for the first time since the 1980s since they stuck their oar in.

When they do deign to show a game on BT Showcase as contractually obliged, the picture quality is a joke, worse than what you got on analogue 25 years ago.

The next Ashes series has been snapped up by them despite Sky consistently producing outstanding broadcasting in that field and now most cricket fans are in the same boat as football fans, pay twice or miss out.

There is very, very, very little to like about them. It's all some strange vanity project to squeeze Sky (who make no mistake, are no angels, but they provide good coverage and everyone knows the score with them, they've been around for an entire generation) out of the market with no-one benefiting other than BT's shareholders. The public certainly don't.

I'm sure a handful of people get BT channels for free as part of some deal - lucky them. For the wider public it's a shite state of affairs, I loathe them. BT that is, not the wider public though they do have their moments.

There's so much wrong about them.

Making people pay a ton more money to get the exact same stuff they were already getting a few years ago.

Astronomical fees if you want to watch through a Sky box and don't want their wank broadband.

Pushing up the prices even further for pubs who already have to pay silly money to show live sport.

They're BT, so customer service is bound to be dross.

They're funding this whole venture out of the profits they make out of Openreach, which is a) a monopoly and b) possibly the worst service in Britain. You do not ever want to deal with them.

They employ Jake Humphrey, Michael Owen, Glenn Hoddle and Robbie Savage. And have Harry Redknapp on quite a lot. And employed Mark Halsey for a while.

Their coverage itself is like a Netto version of Sky's, it looks and feels amateurish.

They've managed to make vast swathes of the country lose interest in the Champions League and Europa League completely by hiding it away.

No regular CL football on FTA TV in the UK for the first time since the 1980s since they stuck their oar in.

When they do deign to show a game on BT Showcase as contractually obliged, the picture quality is a joke, worse than what you got on analogue 25 years ago.

The next Ashes series has been snapped up by them despite Sky consistently producing outstanding broadcasting in that field and now most cricket fans are in the same boat as football fans, pay twice or miss out.

There is very, very, very little to like about them. It's all some strange vanity project to squeeze Sky (who make no mistake, are no angels, but they provide good coverage and everyone knows the score with them, they've been around for an entire generation) out of the market with no-one benefiting other than BT's shareholders. The public certainly don't.

I'm sure a handful of people get BT channels for free as part of some deal - lucky them. For the wider public it's a shite state of affairs, I loathe them. BT that is, not the wider public though they do have their moments.

You could make all the same points about sky over the last few years (with possible exception of quality).

In the long run having a non-Murdoch operated competitor to the sky monopoly can only be a good thing.

Odd to loathe them, but like sky. Murdoch, his media monopoly and disgusting behaviour is possibly one of the worst outcomes of the 20th century.

Back