• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

FA Cup: Quarter Final Draw

Got 3rd row in the NB (!)

Thank you random season ticket holder who didn't purchase. Sorry if I nicked your seat.

Yeah I managed to get tickets where W3 meets W4 which is about as good a vantage point as I've managed to get all season, so can only assume the seats belong to STHs. Gives my legs a rest from hiking up to the quadrant at least!

Martin Atkinson is the referee on Saturday in the cup game with Man Utd. VAR is also in operation, with Chris Kavenagh working in the booth.

Timbo says that Mata and Herrera might be back, but Jones, Valencia, Sanchez, Darmian, Young and Lingard won't play.

Martial and Matic are back now.

De Gea won't play, it'll be Romero.

Presume we will go normal team bar Rui and Benno back in for Saiss

I think so. Saiss was excellent on Sunday but I don't think you mess about if you can help it.

Personally I would play Rui but we all know it isn't happening.

---------------------Romero-------------------

Dalot--------Smalling--------Lindelöf--------Shaw

---------------Herrera-----Matic-------------------

----------------------Pogba----------------------------

--------Rashford------Lukaku------Martial---------------

Will they go that strong? That's about as good as they can do (other than the keeper).

We can beat them anyway. Tough, but we can do it.

I like Dalot - think he is doing very well for them. Smalling is having a decent season, but that partnership with Lindelof can be got at. Shaw is great at what he does but has the turning circle of the Torrey Canyon. Pace can get at that defence.

The midfield is uniformly excellent, but ours isn't too shabby. I would much prefer they played Fred, shall we say.

And the forward line is bloody good.

Work cut out, but we can definitely do it.

I wouldn't be susprised if they looked to rest Matic and Rashford.

No point resting anybody ahead of an International break unless you think they are liable to get injured.

Raul had Lindelof all over the shop at Old Trafford, IIRC. With the form he and Jota are in if we can get them the ball we've definitely got enough to worry them.

Oh I'm sure we will cause them problems, especially if we can get in front (ideally in the last minute of injury time). It will be a tough game though and realistically you have to favour Utd to win 2 in every 3 times. Let's hope it's the 3rd game on Saturday.

Have you seen this Cyber? Don't worry everyone, it's in the bag!IMG_20190314_152600.jpg

That helps. He has been in a good run of form recently. No chance he will rest Rashford now though

Nuno, who said his squad had 'some' injury issues "but nothing big", also confirmed John Ruddy will be in goal, having played every round so far.

"John is going back in goal – he's ready."

No names given on the knocks. Donck took a whack v Chelsea, so he might be one of them.

Get there early tomorrow so you get your flag.

Or do what I do and walk straight past the people handing them out, what a load of absolute cobblers. Great, no-one can clap or see when the players come out tomorrow, brilliant stuff.

Back