• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

FA Cup: Quarter Final Draw

I don't necessarily want to say Brighton was a fluke but that game was lopsidedly in our favour and we shouldn't have lost it. I'd have no fear playing them.

Anyone who's worried or concerned, think of it this way - we have absolutely nothing to lose. There will be no fear from Nuno or the players. Molineux will be electric. We have every chance of winning this.

Was disappointed for about 5 minutes that we didn’t get an easier draw then I got some perspective. QF at home to Man Utd with us comfortable in the PL. Just compare this to our situation 2 years ago.

The other thing you can say about the Man Utd tie is that it will fit right in with Fosun's long term plan for the club. The tie will be seen around the world and will give Wolves huge exposure. In the long run, even if we lose, the tie could play a big part in our future.

It's an exciting draw, but let's be realistic, this Utd is a lot different to the team we drew with at Old Trafford. It's amazing how much Mourinho held them back. If we beat them we'll have to be at the top of our game and hope they have a dip in their current form.

It's an exciting draw, but let's be realistic, this Utd is a lot different to the team we drew with at Old Trafford. It's amazing how much Mourinho held them back. If we beat them we'll have to be at the top of our game and hope they have a dip in their current form.

The thing for me is that we can play our natural game. Yes they will start as favourites and yes on their current form they would still probably win but you know it wont be a team set out to stop us in the main a la watford, Huddersfield or Palace. I think this is probably the second hardest draw for them. I reckon they would have preferred City at home to us at our place. Thats a hell of a compliment for a newly promoted side. The stadium will be rocking too. It only takes a rash challenge, a bit of red mist and all of a sudden you are playing against 10 men. Look what happened to Pogba re PSG. Utd are not out of that tie either. So, yes we do need to be on our top game to prgress and we need a bit of the cup luck that pretty much every team who reaches the final gets along the way but its not impossible. Our recent cup exploits are good against red teams. Bristol City, Stoke, Southampton, Liverpool. Its the blue we have faired less well against or struggled to beat i.e City, Leicester, Shrewsbury, Bristol Rovers, swansea.

Chinese lucky colour is red.

Whatever happens I am loving our best season since 1980.

Glad we've got a home tie and I'm really looking forward to it.

It will be frustrating if we get knocked out and then have to watch Watford, Palace or Brighton stumble into the final but I guess we'd have had to play Utd or City at some point.

I think it's a brilliant draw. The atmosphere will be electric, both teams play good football, it'll be packed to the rafters - bring it on. This is EXACTLY the kind of game we should all be looking forward to, and reading the link to that Utd forum, it shows how far we've come that their fans think this is a tough draw for them.

It's going to be a very difficult game, but can we beat them? Yes, absolutely - if we play well enough, we're more than capable of getting a result.

Can't wait!

I think it's a brilliant draw. The atmosphere will be electric, both teams play good football, it'll be packed to the rafters - bring it on. This is EXACTLY the kind of game we should all be looking forward to, and reading the link to that Utd forum, it shows how far we've come that their fans think this is a tough draw for them.

It's going to be a very difficult game, but can we beat them? Yes, absolutely - if we play well enough, we're more than capable of getting a result.

Can't wait!

giphy.gif

Will it be tickets news later today then a few days for STH first dibs?

Will it be tickets news later today then a few days for STH first dibs?

I presume the club are waiting for the actual time and date of the game first.

Yep they will have to wait for the BBC & BT to decide who shows what and when.

BBC normally get first pick so I think they will show ours.

Ah ok. It's listed as 3pm March 16th so thought it was set.

Ah ok. It's listed as 3pm March 16th so thought it was set.

That would be the time if Football was not shown on TV. Looking at the dates given by the FA it will be one game on Friday, then Saturday (probably 5.30), Sunday then Monday.

Have a feeling we will be the Monday one

Yep they will have to wait for the BBC & BT to decide who shows what and when.

BBC normally get first pick so I think they will show ours.

As it is Man Utd, they'll have their full schlong swallowing pundits and 6 days of how Ole is the 2nd coming of Ferguson ready to roll out. I'm looking forward to the 30 minute documentary on Solksjear and how he's taken a team who were in danger of relegation under Mourinho (boooooooooooo) to the brink of winning 3 trophies in only 3 months.

Wankers.

As it is Man Utd, they'll have their full schlong swallowing pundits and 6 days of how Ole is the 2nd coming of Ferguson ready to roll out. I'm looking forward to the 30 minute documentary on Solksjear and how he's taken a team who were in danger of relegation under Mourinho (boooooooooooo) to the brink of winning 3 trophies in only 3 months.

Wankers.

Maybe they read some of the reactions to his appointment on here and that is why they are going OTT. We were suddenly guaranteed to finish 6th as their season would die a death because they had appointed the Norwegian Saunders.

That would be the time if Football was not shown on TV. Looking at the dates given by the FA it will be one game on Friday, then Saturday (probably 5.30), Sunday then Monday.

Have a feeling we will be the Monday one
Can't be Monday, the international break starts then

Back