• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

[FA Cup 3rd Rnd] Liverpool 2-2 Wolves: Verdict Thread

I didn't think Nunes was that great tbh. Often turned into blind channels centrally and gave the ball away a couple of times.
Completely disagree with this, thought he was class, just what we needed, calm under pressure, usually comes away with the ball and makes a progressive pass, the player we've needed next to Neves forever to go to the next level. When he did get himself into a bit of strife, he usually got himself out of it.

Hopefully a bit of a siege mentality developing in that dressing room. Nothing wrong with going into games with a chip on your shoulder

324551413_1507019596448636_433732970117380859_n.jpg

Sick and tired of good games been overshadowed by these incompetent/bent useless cunts.

We should be able to talk about making 9 changes and doing well and deserving to win against a full strength Liverpool side.

We should be talking about a great full debut for Lembikisa or a best yet performance from an equally inexperienced Hodge.

We should be talking about Raul probably been finished.

FFS I'd rather another discussion about Traore than these fucking cunts at PGMOL/IFAB/VAR.

Sick and tired of good games been overshadowed by these incompetent/bent useless cunts.

We should be able to talk about making 9 changes and doing well and deserving to win against a full strength Liverpool side.

We should be talking about a great full debut for Lembikisa or a best yet performance from an equally inexperienced Hodge.

We should be talking about Raul probably been finished.

FFS I'd rather another discussion about Traore than these fucking cunts at PGMOL/IFAB/VAR.
Well, I for one thought traore had a good game

Re Nunes it's both. He veers from the sublime to the ridiculous. He's very, very casual with the ball, sometimes it goes wrong. But the positives outweigh the negatives.

Wow! Didn't see that performance coming. JL really is the Second Coming, then. Great morale-boost to the whole club, especially since we actually won. Toti so unlucky to have that cunt on VAR.

Re Nunes it's both. He veers from the sublime to the ridiculous. He's very, very casual with the ball, sometimes it goes wrong. But the positives outweigh the negatives.
Yeah, that’s the trade off. It’s a joy to watch when he just sets off though. Rare skillset in that position

One absolute positive about Nunes:

Whatever happens this summer, he definitely didn’t look like a player who intends to let the next five months breeze past him.

Well seeing as how most had written this game off before we started that was refreshing.

Could have been a win, possible was as VAR is not infallible & Toti should have ducked

The most encouraging thing is how much difference Lopetagui has made in a fairly short time - I have much more hope & confidence now. We shouldn't have given Lage any games this season, but wouldn't have got him at that time so a double edged sword really/

Wouldn't need to see through players if he's made the correct decision, he'll have an open passage to look through and see Nunes as the most advanced player on the far side. Be interesting to see if any other camera angles do appear.
If he was offside that’s fair enough. Look at the picture posted later by punts(?). He’s looking through 12 players and it looks like he’s got it badly wrong.

Playing devil's advocate, if we'd sacked Lage in the summer it's unlikely we'd have got Lopetegui at that point. Who knows how we'd be doing or who we'd have managing us.

Back