• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Ex-Wolf Watch

That's pretty normal isn't it? He has to get the fans on his side as Cooper was so popular.
Cooper was loved by most of the forest fans, smart from nuno. Hardly going to go In and tear lumps out of him

I have noticed in Nuno's interviews so far he has been praising Cooper and what he did there, no criticism or saying he is in to improve things whatsoever...
It was all in his very first interview Lupo.

"We have to now evolve, grow and become better. This is the step which I feel is important for us to compete well in the Premier League, which is the best competition in the world.

"We want to improve players, improve the team and if the team improves then we improve the club".

This is it. This is what bugs me.

This all reads as “football is ours, you can’t have it”.
I don’t think that’s how it reads to me.

If we compare England to the US, football is the national sport. I’m sure a high percentage of youngsters grow up wanting to be footballers because they are seen in totally different light to any other athletes. More popular than tennis, cricket, rugby etc so there’s always going to be large amounts of focus into football, predominantly

In the US, soccer is behind the major sports currently, and whilst it is getting more popular, it’s light years behind NFL, Baseball, Basketball etc.

Cooper was loved by most of the forest fans, smart from nuno. Hardly going to go In and tear lumps out of him
Wasn't expecting him to. It just reminded me of GO's early days when he kept making veiled comments about the previous manager here as if Lopetegui had been a bombscare and he was riding in to the rescue

Wasn't expecting him to. It just reminded me of GO's early days when he kept making veiled comments about the previous manager here as if Lopetegui had been a bombscare and he was riding in to the rescue
Fairs. Different circumstances though isn’t it. It wouldn’t have suprised me if cooper was hated by forest nuno would’ve conducted a very different press conference.

With his appointment, be interesting to see how he manages a squad of 30 odd with his preference for a small squad

Fairs. Different circumstances though isn’t it. It wouldn’t have suprised me if cooper was hated by forest nuno would’ve conducted a very different press conference.

With his appointment, be interesting to see how he manages a squad of 30 odd with his preference for a small squad
They were discussing it on the radio yesterday and it was said he is already instilling the same disciplines as he did here, e.g. English to be spoken by everyone, those that don't must learn, all eating in the canteen together.

Not seen what staff he has taken with him and if they are largely the same as here apart from his no.2 that he fell out with.

Mrs Lupo can't take this in, she loved Nuno but being a Derby fan she can't handle the fact that he's now at Forest!

Raul on the scoresheet for Fulham again today after returning from suspension. Really glad he’s found some of his old form.

Raul on the scoresheet for Fulham again today after returning from suspension. Really glad he’s found some of his old form.
Can’t say I watch a lot of Fulham, so no idea how he’s playing, but he’s one of the few who we’ve sold, who had turned into a bit part player I’m happy to see scoring. Albeit not against us.

Equally it doesn’t make us wrong to have sold him. Everyone thought he was done

He doesn’t tend to put in Wolves level performances but is finding the back of the net again.

We were right to sell him - he wouldn’t fit into this team. He’s still fairly pedestrian in the box/when it comes to making runs.

I didn't watch the match, but based on what he did for Fulham would there be a role for him in our squad?

I doubt any mainstream pundits have the first clue about how good he was at his best other than his goalscoring which, let's face it, was only part of what made him so good and so important to that team we had. He had absolutely everything you'd want from a centre forward leading the line.

Last edited:
Loved Raul for what he did here but it was the right time for him to move on, for both party's.
Doubt he would fit GONs plans and so it would have just meandered on.
On top of the obvious assault he suffered, I wonder if it had all gone a bit stale here for him since.
Thanks for the good times, I'm glad he's getting some sort of decent end to his career and hope he carries on scoring (not against us obviously)

Not one I think he'd be happy with

In hindsight it was perhaps part of the problem, his form pushed him down the pecking order and he seemed to become increasingly petulant, bordering on disinterested at times. Now at Fulham he's pretty much the main man for them up top now so even though he's not as good as he was he's at least not acting like a stroppy teenager stuck on the bench. Maybe if Mitrovic hadn't have left there would've been no upturn for Jimenez at all?

Last edited:
Back