• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Ex-Wolf Watch

Classic Adama at the Emirates in the dying minutes at 2-2. Played in behind a high Arsenal line, had half the pitch to run into, ran past everyone at ease.. and then spannered his shot straight at the keeper.

Sounds like Raul is doing OK for them though. Hasn’t scored yet but seems to be getting in good positions and getting shots off.

No head protector too I noticed.

Absolutely shite by Collins on the Palace goal.

Yeah I came in to post this. He has made it extremely difficult for the keeper and created the indecision for him. As a keeper a player gets a couple of those from you before you just completely stop trusting them, usually to your own detriment.

Jeong-sang Bin always gets introduced as "former Wolves man" which is technically correct I suppose... But did he ever even play in an Academy match for us?

EDIT: He may as well have not been playing just now. Came on as a sub for Minnesota and didn't get his name called a single time in ~30 minutes.

Last edited:
Not sure he ever set foot in Wolverhampton, probably had his medical in Switzerland. Certainly didn't play a game or even train.

Watch any keeper from that era and you'll see the same. The standard has increased considerably as has the expectation of what is saveable

Watch any keeper from that era and you'll see the same. The standard has increased considerably as has the expectation of what is saveable
Yeah agreed.

That's why I've gone from thinking Stowell was a very good championship keeper, to him looking like he could have saved 80% of what he conceded.

Finishing has also gone up significantly.

Probably the best goal I’d ever seen at Molineux until Neves against Derby.

We battered QPR in that game from what i remember, Corica looked really good too
We were superb, I thought it was finally coming together under McGhee. I was young, foolish and wrong.

Butch Wilkins played for them (just before he got sacked as player/manager) and he was still class. He was still just about 39, people didn't wear as well in those days.

soccer-wolverhampton-wanderers-v-qpr-ray-wilkins-queens-park-rangers-G6YA8P.jpg

Butch retired at the end of 96/97 (played a handful of games for Hibs, Wycombe, Millwall and Orient that season after leaving QPR - no-one can match 5 clubs in one season any more!), Bully retired in summer 1999.

We were superb, I thought it was finally coming together under McGhee. I was young, foolish and wrong.

Butch Wilkins played for them (just before he got sacked as player/manager) and he was still class. He was still just about 39, people didn't wear as well in those days.

soccer-wolverhampton-wanderers-v-qpr-ray-wilkins-queens-park-rangers-G6YA8P.jpg
Never really appreciated how good Wilkins was until he appeared for us in John Richards testimonial. He had so much time on the ball and was spraying passes for fun. I know it was a friendly but Moscow didn’t treat it as such.

I saw Frank Stapleton score a hat-trick for Blackburn against us. Around 90/91.

Back