• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Everton (H) Build up

Status
Not open for further replies.
We’ve been clearly the better side but really haven’t been incisive at all.

Pod has been really lively but probably about half a dozen times has made a different run to the one the passer expected, or played a pass different than the one the receiver expected - I think he’ll be excellent next season once he’s played with the rest a bit more.

Decent half & Everton not really in this.

Impressed with Podence, he's a tricky little player. The 3 up front have not played together before & at times it shows, but they all have quality & it will improve.

Gives Nuno options - had some worry that the midfield would not have the guile, but Everton haven't really exposed them at any time though we need to take care with the long ball over the back 3 to put Richarlison or Calvert-Lewin in.

& Raul was never going to miss that.

Raul must be the best penalty taker around at the moment. You just never think he's going to miss. Great technique.

I think we will play better as a side without Traore. For a lot of the season we've become too reliant on him. Even in games when he's not on the pitch we manage it waiting for him to come on and do some magic. I think he makes us too one dimensional. That's not a dig at him, it's a back handed compliment, but I predict you'll see a more balanced team approach today and I'm going to go out on a limb and predict a first half goal. If it happens I will be back to lord it over the rest of the forum at 2pm
And I said Norwich would be relegated. I know everything. You all know NOTHING

Richarlison must have had less touches than DCL. Anonymous

We’ve been clearly the better side but really haven’t been incisive at all.

Pod has been really lively but probably about half a dozen times has made a different run to the one the passer expected, or played a pass different than the one the receiver expected - I think he’ll be excellent next season once he’s played with the rest a bit more.

His runs have been excellent. Imo the rest have to step up to him and play the ball in to those runs.

Decent half that. Podence exactly what we need with his inventiveness.

Donck doing a good job holding alongside Ruben who’s been very good again. Him and Neto rotating quite well to create space down the right sometimes too.

Think what I’ve been pleased most with is creating overloads around the ball to help us break forward better. Neto and Podence floating around to help this.

Wasn’t perfect so definitely more to come, fingers crossed

His runs have been excellent. Imo the rest have to step up to him and play the ball in to those runs.

Agree. Maybe not on same wavelength all the time but he’s trying different things to what the opposition might expect. His movement to receive in front of their back 3 has been very good too

And I said Norwich would be relegated. I know everything. You all know NOTHING

I got 10 out of our 11 today predicted correctly!

We should buy lotto tickets.

Well, let's not get ahead of ourselves or anything! :icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

We will see Alan. He is making the front three completely fluid and is everywhere. Brilliant forty five minutes from him. And then we can bring Adama on later when they are fucked. Wow.

Think Neto/Jiminez/Podence have all been good, just unused to linking with each other. Young Pedro and Portuguese Dan are very different players from Jota and Adama.
The team need to and will learn that Podence makes his runs inside not outside

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back