• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Euro 2016 Qualifiers - The Road to France

He's on the kind of form which means he can say what he wants.

Seeing Ireland's goal now, you'd expect Neuer to save that normally.

Nah, because then the twats probably know somewhere that they're twats, Lewandowski is just going to feel vindicated for his spewing now.

All very different when it's happening for your team rather than against it, mind.

If he's doing the job on the pitch then surely that justifies what he's saying off it?

Not sure what exactly Lewandowski has said in the build up to this game but if he's say belittled Scotland in someway and then scored twice against them then that sort of proves his point doesn't it? He's the best striker in the world, he's got every right to be acting the big dick every now and again.

It was s fair result for Scotland in the end definitely didn't deserve to win, sick to death of Scottish pundits harping on about hard luck.

If he's doing the job on the pitch then surely that justifies what he's saying off it?

Not sure what exactly Lewandowski has said in the build up to this game but if he's say belittled Scotland in someway and then scored twice against them then that sort of proves his point doesn't it? He's the best striker in the world, he's got every right to be acting the big dick every now and again.

I completely disagree with that line of thinking. Being good at something shouldn't just give you the ability to talk shit without repercussion.

Have a bit of class and all that. No need to be an arrogant cunt.

Seems to me all he said was that this was a shit challenge in the return fixture.

2d1598bcc26113c6d3c85f2b0820641e.jpg

Which seems fair comment to me.

Think two a Scottish players got booked tonight with challenges on him as well.

I completely disagree with that line of thinking. Being good at something shouldn't just give you the ability to talk shit without repercussion.

Have a bit of class and all that. No need to be an arrogant cunt.

Depends what's been said, I don't know what's been said on this occasion to really judge but in general I don't see a lot wrong with a bit of boasting, within reason that is.

Usain Bolt quite clearly knows he's the man to beat in his field, doesn't make him any less likeable, if you're good at something then you've every right to flaunt it to some extent.

Just the whole line about "oh well if Scotland goes down to ten like they should have" (paraphrasing obv) just rubs me the wrong way pretty fiercely. Be pissed about the challenge, fair enough, but calling the whole result into question screams sour grapes in the worst way.

As I say, though, if he was Scottish I'd be championing his comments. Totally a double standard on my part.

Yes, Germany weren't up to their usual standard, but that was the best Irish performance since we beat Holland at Lansdowne in 2001.

A real blood and guts performance, and we got the win too. Can't stop smiling right now.

Just the whole line about "oh well if Scotland goes down to ten like they should have" (paraphrasing obv) just rubs me the wrong way pretty fiercely. Be pissed about the challenge, fair enough, but calling the whole result into question screams sour grapes in the worst way.

As I say, though, if he was Scottish I'd be championing his comments. Totally a double standard on my part.

Are you Scottish?

Johnny in being a Negative Nancy shocker.

I said I have Scottish heritage, not that I am Scottish.

Seriously? Why are you attacking his heritage? Is that really necessary? It seems a bit unfair. Lots of Americans trace their heritage and keep pride in that. They are still American. I don't see that as a great problem.

I don't see it as a problem at all, just silly to be concerned about the fate of a modern day football team/ country based on heritage from hundreds of years ago.

Football is always more fun when there's an emotional stake involved (unless you're Mark, of course).

Back