• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Euro 2016 Qualifiers - The Road to France

He isn't right. I was busy asking 'why are you playing Phil Jones at right back when he is not a right back'.

Woy Hodgson said:
...on the basis of a good season with their clubs...

Isn't that exactly how you should be judging players?
Rather than picking players that haven't had a particularly good season, then playing them out of position..?
:facepalm:

Most Managers will come out with any sort of bollocks in front of the media rather than admit they fucked up.

One of the refreshing things with our Manager is that on most occasions he holds his hand up and admits he got it wrong.

I wish for once we had an England manager who would pick players based on their form regardless of their name or which club they played for. I might show a bit more interest in the national team if we did. Capello killed of 90% of my interest in England and Hodgson is busy killing off the other 10%.

I'd prefer Phil Jones at CB over Smalling as he always looked the better prospect there.

I think Smalling has improved at centre back while Jones gets more hot headed with each game. I can't see a good English right back at the moment Clyne just doesn't seem a good enough footballer, not clever enough and passes the ball badly.

I like Flanagan but he is broken at the moment. Joel Ward has always impressed me too. Chambers needs to settle on a position, he is a very good footballer. Jenkinson is decent.

As for England, I don't think I'll ever be as passionate about them as I used to be, no matter what happens. The FA killed it for me when they appointed McClaren purely because he had the right colour passport. Utter nonsense and then he goes and drops Becks just to prove that he's his own man. I still care but nowhere near as much as I did pre-2006.

I like Flanagan but he is broken at the moment. Joel Ward has always impressed me too. Chambers needs to settle on a position, he is a very good footballer. Jenkinson is decent.

As for England, I don't think I'll ever be as passionate about them as I used to be, no matter what happens. The FA killed it for me when they appointed McClaren purely because he had the right colour passport. Utter nonsense and then he goes and drops Becks just to prove that he's his own man. I still care but nowhere near as much as I did pre-2006.

Not the same calibre of snotters anymore - more powder puff multi millionaire toss pots

Yes, let's pick Lee Cattermole and Joey Barton.

Can I just clarify that I don't need neanderthals to play for England to care about them.

Yes, let's pick Lee Cattermole and Joey Barton.

Can I just clarify that I don't need neanderthals to play for England to care about them.

I'm sorry I promise to have the same opinion as you for everything else concerned with football...... Stuart Pearce esque was my thinking

I don't care if you agree or disagree with me, I just don't like my posts being misrepresented (ie, don't quote me, agree and then make a completely different point). If you want England players to charge around blindly thundering into tackles then that is up to you, I suspect you'll be waiting a while though.

I don't care if you agree or disagree with me, I just don't like my posts being misrepresented (ie, don't quote me, agree and then make a completely different point). If you want England players to charge around blindly thundering into tackles then that is up to you, I suspect you'll be waiting a while though.

I was using the line about not caring about England like I used to for my reasons not presuming they were yours.

I'll remember to type for myself in future.

I feel England are in a transitional period both in terms of players and playing system.

Obviously it is relative, as we are walking our European qualifying group, but I feel some of the players are moderate at best and worry this may be to accommodate the system.
Of course it could be that the players are the best that are available and the management and selectors are trying to get the best out of them they can, and creating a team/squad that will have some success at the European and eventually the World Cup.

I am firstly a Wolves fan, and secondly I am an England fan and they are my National team so I want to see them do well and be a side I can be proud of.

People on this forum are also Wolves fans and most contributors are football fans and I would hope they all want to see their National side do well whoever they support. When I hear of the lack of enthusiasm of England fans to their National side it worries me and makes me conclude that something is not right, whether it's money, foreign players, TV saturation, or whatever. I wish someone would put it right before its too late.

Goalkeepers: Joe Hart (Manchester City), Jack Butland (Stoke City), Tom Heaton (Burnley).

Defenders: Nathaniel Clyne (Liverpool), Luke Shaw (Manchester United), Kieran Gibbs (Arsenal), Gary Cahill (Chelsea), Chris Smalling (Manchester United), John Stones, Phil Jagielka (Both Everton).

Midfielders: Michael Carrick (Manchester United), James Milner (Liverpool), Ross Barkley (Everton), Jonjo Shelvey (Swansea), Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain (Arsenal), Raheem Sterling, Fabian Delph (Both Manchester City), Ryan Mason (Tottenham).

Forwards: Wayne Rooney (Manchester United), Harry Kane (Tottenham), Jamie Vardy (Leicester), Theo Walcott (Arsenal).

Hart

Clyne - Smalling - Stones - Shaw

Carrick - Milner

Ox - Barkley - Sterling

???

Fuck knows about the forwards, Vardy isn't int'l level I think but Kane and Rooney have been super poor this season (Walcott was none too convincing yesterday, either).

To be fair you could play a side of league 2 players and comfortably beat San Marino, England should qualify Saturday night anyway. Slovenia would need to beat the Swiss away which I can't see to prevent us qualifying Saturday night so the next three games become irrelevant.

Hart

Clyne - Cahill - Smalling - Shaw

Milner - Delph

Walcott - Barkley - Sterling

Rooney

Seems a bit defensive for a game against San Marino?

Back