• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Euro 2016 Qualifiers - The Road to France

Must compliment Deano's plastic surgeon.

BxJ2wj6IYAAttq4.jpg

300.jpg

This has to be a forum in-joke, surely not even Saunders can be that stupidly ridiculous, he looks worse than befor, and that was deep shit worse, ha ha ha ha

Ah ;) Cassandra wasn't it? The last pure human.

i saw that pic and didn't even realise it was him.

Paulo Bento has left the Portugal job.

They're not exactly well stocked with class. Ronaldo, Coentrao and Pepe on his good days are their only outstanding players. Moutinho has never really convinced me. Beyond that you're in to an ageing Bruno Alves, Mereiles, Veloso, Nani...

Then you get to the strikers. Ouch.

They're not exactly well stocked with class. Ronaldo, Coentrao and Pepe on his good days are their only outstanding players. Moutinho has never really convinced me. Beyond that you're in to an ageing Bruno Alves, Mereiles, Veloso, Nani...

Then you get to the strikers. Ouch.

Yes,no strikers and no keepers...the rest is decent tho.They should do better than they've done lately.

Portugal have been habitually the worst team of any standing to watch, right back to the Scolari days. They've played appalling football for ages.

They probably should have got through the group in the World Cup but their record before then is more than decent in competitions. They're shite in qualifying but that seems to be the norm for them.

No strikers is a pretty big issue when you're on the biggest stage. Imagine the foul mouthed tirade's we'd get over here if our striking options were the equivalent of Almeida and Postiga. Ronaldo can't do it all on his own.

Portugal is playing a very ineffective passing game..holding onto the ball for to long..taking to many touches..slow down the tempo..they have players that can play more of a one touch football..but they dont and they dont win. Part of the problem..second..rely too much of Ronaldo doing everything going forward..when was the last time portugal had a decent striker(name one)?

Pauleta had a decent scoring record but never produced in tournaments from what i can remember. They've had some terrible strikers in recent years.

Portugal is playing a very ineffective passing game..holding onto the ball for to long..taking to many touches..slow down the tempo..they have players that can play more of a one touch football..but they dont and they dont win. Part of the problem..second..rely too much of Ronaldo doing everything going forward..when was the last time portugal had a decent striker(name one)?

Probably Eusebio. :)

I rest my case

Joao Pinto was probably their last decent one, even then he wasn't an out and out striker. Pauleta always looked awful at tournaments.

I thought Nuno Gomes was gonna be the one for portugal..had some quality but not the concistency

Back