• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

England "Fans"

I've not been following tonights trouble. Surely they haven't just acted against rowdy singing? Ridiculous.

Might have been something else I'm not sure, reporters on the ground aren't reporting any fights so far so it's head to know why it's kicked off.

I've not been following tonights trouble. Surely they haven't just acted against rowdy singing? Ridiculous.

That's exactly what it seems like. When Collymore was walking with them earlier the police were just walking the England supporters around not letting them actually go anywhere and a lot of them where getting frustrated. Obviously our fans have to take some of the blame because a lot of them are nobheads but the police have caused a lot of this.

Sky is now showing two or three French fans celebrating their win walking into a massive group of England fans waving their tricolours. The inevitable is occurring.

Sky news reporters said the crowd that he saw the police charge were just singing a bit rowdy and had a couple of flares and one fan was naked before the police charged them.
End of the day who will UEFA believe?

I know english fans is not just to blame but in sweden we dont have these troubles..and we and the irish got along perfectly fine in a 1-1 draw

I know english fans is not just to blame but in sweden we dont have these troubles..and we and the irish got along perfectly fine in a 1-1 draw
That's all well and good but you lovely folk had the advantage of not being attacked by a bunch of psychopathic Russians.

That's all well and good but you lovely folk had the advantage of not being attacked by a bunch of psychopathic Russians.
Thats true, but i dont think it would have been the same with us swedes

Ha,the wench on sky news is wearing an helmet...she should go the whole hog
and stick a UN bib on too.

Time for UEFA to grow a pair and throw Russia out of the tournament. Unbelievable that they are hosting a World Cup given combination of hooliganism, racism and doping in the country

I didn't see the police charging your fans for singing Abba songs.

Russian fans steam into England fans in stadium and let flares off in full view of worlds media - arrests 0.

England fans sing Abba songs in street - tear gassed and 36 arrests.

They make West Midlands Police look competent.

Collymore making a good point this morning saying the police are 'kettling' England fans to places where the fans don't know or don't want to go. That's not excusing the nobheads that are there but they amount to about 2% of the fans, yet French police have made a right mess of this.

In contrast NI fans singing the same songs in Lyon are allowed to get on with it and there is no trouble. One rule for one etc, etc.

Because of the recent violence following due to the new French labour laws, the French government are considering banning protests unless the safety of property and people can be guaranteed. Why does violence accompany almost every strike or protest in France, are the French populace so prone to violence or do the French police not know of any other methods of crowd control other than tear gas, water cannon, and batons?

I saw video of mostly quiet English & Welsh fans in a bar being attacked by one or two Russians throwing a chair and bottle followed by a few of those fans then provoking the Russians after the police had chased them off, which was maybe understandable but not helpful to any deescalation.

I also saw one of a smallish English/Welsh group who were singing but also damaging cars with the police dispersed using pepper spray. They then disappeared down an alley. It looks like the French police just let everything take it's course then tear gas everyone rinse and repeat.

Because of the recent violence following due to the new French labour laws, the French government are considering banning protests unless the safety of property and people can be guaranteed. Why does violence accompany almost every strike or protest in France, are the French populace so prone to violence or do the French police not know of any other methods of crowd control other than tear gas, water cannon, and batons?

I saw video of mostly quiet English & Welsh fans in a bar being attacked by one or two Russians throwing a chair and bottle followed by a few of those fans then provoking the Russians after the police had chased them off, which was maybe understandable but not helpful to any deescalation.

I also saw one of a smallish English/Welsh group who were singing but also damaging cars with the police dispersed using pepper spray. They then disappeared down an alley. It looks like the French police just let everything take it's course then tear gas everyone rinse and repeat.

Pretty standard tactics here, prevention is a bit boring so the police prefer to let things get out of hand, then they steam in and give everyone a good kicking.

British police lead Mark Roberts says despite isolated incidents involving Brits, majority in Lille baton charges last night were French.

Fortunately, not English fans but Russians at it again:

@SkySportsNewsHQ 2 minutes ago
BREAKING: Six Russian fans arrested after three Spanish tourists were beaten up outside Cologne cathedral

Back