• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

England "Fans"

Fortunately, not English fans but Russians at it again:

@SkySportsNewsHQ 2 minutes ago
BREAKING: Six Russian fans arrested after three Spanish tourists were beaten up outside Cologne cathedral

Not that it makes any difference, but the Spanish " tourists" were sticking extreme left wing stickers on windows, right in front of the Russian Nazi supporters. There was a fight and the Spanish came off worse. Two Spanish blokes and a girl were injured.

No justification here, just what the TV over here are reporting. If people want to kick shit out of one another, find a place well away from families, women and children.

And absolutely correctly so.

Croatia must be dreading Monday's hearing. I can see an expulsion being a real possibility for them.

And absolutely correctly so.

Croatia must be dreading Monday's hearing. I can see an expulsion being a real possibility for them.

My thoughts exactly. Throwing flares onto the pitch is just stupid behaviour, a player could have been seriously hurt. And when a referee has to take the players off the pitch it shows just how serious the situation was.

I think the one that exploded right by the steward is the most damaging. If their fans endanger innocent staff then they should be binned off.

It's sad as they are a great team. Very impressed by the utter condemnation from both their coach and also from Slaven Bilic.

It would be harsh on the players, but UEFA must make an example of a team before some-one gets killed.

I think we are getting close. Whether UEFA make that step I don't know. I rather doubt they want to spend a couple of days in court before they know their last sixteen line-up. Any team ejected is bound to try and use legal avenues to get it over-turned and then sue if unsuccessful and it could really arse up the tournament.

What I can see happening is a contravening team being removed from qualifying for Euro 2020. It leaves a long lead time for the lawyers to argue the toss and that also allows UEFA time to organise the draw to allow for the missing team.

It ay that simple is it? Lawyers all over it. Want to postpone the last sixteen games while the toss is argued?

The easy way is to ban them from taking part in the next Euros. Gives 2 years for court cases and shit to be dealt with before Qualification starts.

Why would the Russian government sanction such violence? If it can be proved to be true then the 2018 World Cup should be moved to another country with Russia barred from competing in the tournament.

I have watched quite a few videos about the Russian and England fans. They were both up for it. England's finest weren't allowed to be there.

We caused mayhem for years, we never got thrown out.

Remember when English teams weren't allowed in the European cup games?

Our "finest" did us proud indeed back in the day

I was talking about England, not English clubs. Anyone old enough will remember what we were like. How many times were the England football team sent home early, because of their fans behaviour?

I was talking about England, not English clubs. Anyone old enough will remember what we were like. How many times were the England football team sent home early, because of their fans behaviour?

Given your thoughts on Europe, I would have thought, like the Russians, you would have been backing our lads to the hilt.

Given your thoughts on Europe, I would have thought, like the Russians, you would have been backing our lads to the hilt.

Again, how many times have the English national team been sent home, because of their fans violence?

Does it matter if we have ever been sent home? Are you saying its fine to the "finest" of each country to kick shit out of anything because nothing will be done or other countries will do it because punishments have been weak in the past? If you could clarify, that would be great. Ta

Back