• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Diving/Cheating. Ok for Wolves to do?

Not a penalty, but I don't care it went our way.

Don't recall him doing so

Thank you. From the referees position I would think it would look like contact had been made, and maybe there was contact, but it was minimal. But as TSB says, it does not matter how minimal the contact was. Though Dicko made sure he went down.

rbod.jpg

Nice rose-cunted glasses.

Looked like a penalty to me, a soft one maybe but its firmly in the 'I've seen them given camp'.

The fact this particular incident is being compared with someone pretending to having been punched in the face amazed me far more.

That's a dive for me. Thing is I wouldn't be hurling abuse if it happened the other way round but I'd be annoyed the referee missed it, as it is I'm glad he thought it was a pen

No penalty for me. Surely the opposing player would have to do something to actually cause Dicko to fall over. He hasn't. He's touched him, but not with enough force to cause him to go sprawling like that. He's a professional athlete with amazing balance and legs like tree trunks. Clear simulation. The fact that everybody does it and the defender should know better doesn't alter that fact.

I think it is a dive too, disappointing really from Nouha. He can stay up I think and if he does he is through on goal!

Not sure how it is comparable to Forestieri's actions in the slightest.

If you are running at speed it only needs the slightest touch and your momentum will take you down, and Dicko was running at a decent pace. contact is contact no matter how minimal.
How many time do you here commentators say about a player being just offside. It doesn't matter the player is offside.

But he's only just slowed down to turn the other defender, I don't think there is anywhere near enough contact to stop him if there even is any

I think it is a dive too, disappointing really from Nouha. He can stay up I think and if he does he is through on goal!

He gets beyond the flying challenge, then knocks the ball towards the byline but he is still facing across the goal. As he plants his left leg, his right leg hits the defenders and that sends him down. At the point of contact he is actually facing a different way to the ball. Not a dive at all in my view, the defender has ballsed up and made it an easy penalty call.

Last night I thought it looked soft, potentially a dive, but the more I watch it the more I'm in the "Penalty" camp.

From the vine you can see that the defenders left knee hits Nouhas left knee...Contact, penalty. It is clearer in the highlights

With all of this said and done, in response to the OP, No, it's not ok for Wolves players to do it.
It gave us a lead and influenced the game so goody for us, but these incidents have gone against us this season.
But even so. I think he knew what he was doing and looked for it. Don't see how the defender can avoid an attacking player running at him, swerving around him, then falling over as I'm standing still and bang! he's hit my knee.... oh and now he's fallen over. Maybe I should be somewhere else out of the way....

From the vine you can see that the defenders left knee hits Nouhas left knee...Contact, penalty. It is clearer in the highlights

But Darlo, the defender's standing still - it's Dicko that runs into him. Dicko makes contact with the defender not the other way round!
Like I've said 3 times without anyone responding to this point, what the fuck is the defender supposed to do? He's already decided he isn't going to make the tackle and is more or less stood still.
No one can seriously suggest that the defender moves out of the way so there's no chance of any contact being made, because I've just stepped well out of the way and given him a clear run into the goal...

With all of this said and done, in response to the OP, No, it's not ok for Wolves players to do it.
It gave us a lead and influenced the game so goody for us, but these incidents have gone against us this season.
But even so. I think he knew what he was doing and looked for it. Don't see how the defender can avoid an attacking player running at him, swerving around him, then falling over as I'm standing still and bang! he's hit my knee.... oh and now he's fallen over. Maybe I should be somewhere else out of the way....

He stops and then moves his upper body away from Dicko, but his leg is still left out and that is what Dicko connects with.

pen.jpg

Look at the position of his left leg. Its across Dicko's legs just before he is about turn towards the ball. Dicko's attention is also on where the ball has gone.

Aye, after rewatching it a bajillion times, he is definitely doing the "Not touchin' him, ref!" hands while still raising his left leg to block the run.

pen.jpg

Look at the position of his left leg. Its across Dicko's legs just before he is about turn towards the ball. Dicko's attention is also on where the ball has gone.

Why is Dicko running in the opposite direction to the ball? To ensure contact? He misses the defenders leading leg all together and just throws himself forwards into the bloke.

As WH has said, what else can the defender do? He's given up on making a challenge, he can't disappear. There's only one bloke looking to make contact in that shot and he ain't wearing blue and white!

Its a soft penalty but debatable. I don't think that even if you introduced a citing panel that they would look into it.

Back