• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Crystal Palace (H) 25/4: Build-Up & Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could do with just getting to half time here.

I wish we’d just go for it every now and then and try and score more than one

How great it is to know if Lemina has to go off we've got JFG to come on.

#joaofuckingomes

Johnson is so slow and ponderous on the ball for them when they play it back to him, he has a huge wind up compared to all the other keepers at this level, even just stroke passes over 20 yards it's noticable, I'd be highlighting that at HT with the instructions to press him really aggressively.

Hwang, Cunha and Nunes all pretty anonymous in possession. Generally doing their bits when defending but all the possession seems to be with centre halves and central midfielders with fullbacks and Costa as the outlets.

Hwang, Cunha and Nunes all pretty anonymous in possession. Generally doing their bits when defending but all the possession seems to be with centre halves and central midfielders with fullbacks and Costa as the outlets.
Nunes had a blinding start, but most of our play has gone down the opposite side now.

Strange performance from us. When we’ve got at them, moved the ball quickly and got Costa involved, we’ve looked decent. But then we resort to sideways, slow passing and it just doesn’t do anything. We look ropey at the back.

Very happy to be ahead, but it’s a lucky goal and without that, we haven’t created anything clear cut.

I’m not hugely convinced by Hwang in that wide role. I’d maybe get someone more natural in that position on in the second half. We’ve got 1000 wingers so plenty of options!

Last edited:
Good half, would have liked to have scored more though.

Can’t watch. Playing okay?

I’m not hugely convinced by Hwang in that wide role. I’d maybe get someone more natural in that position on in the second hand. We’ve got 1000 wingers so plenty of options!
I'd definitely look to bring Sarabia on for him on the right. His best games were early on in that role rather than on the left.

And if Costa has to come off, play Traore up there. At least he can try and hold it up, run the channels or win headers (he did weirdly win loads last time he played).

Decent half, largely in control and getting into good areas, but again not really creating all that much. Dawson, Lemina and Costa all been superb

Turgid. Without the goal, which is quite fortunate, let's be honest, we've reverted to type again. Get it right into the corner then go backwards, over to the other flank, rinse/repeat. Occasionally a cross comes in. That's about it. No real interplay between the forwards and midfield, or even between the forwards.

The press looks really disjointed as well, we don't seem properly coordinated.

Can't count on Palace screwing up chances in the box like they did 1st half.

Ultimately we're winning, so I guess who gives a shit, but we are capable of better than this. I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back