• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Crystal Palace (H) 25/4: Build-Up & Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
When we're in good attacking positions a clumsy control or poor we lose impetus.

Steady half, good fortune on the early set piece has set them in a good position with something to hold onto but would be nice to see a bit more purpose and look to build on that lead. Plenty of steady possession between central midfielders and centre halves but unless they go longer early for Costa there isn't much outlet until Palace drop into shape and open up a switch to the fullbacks.

Might be enough if Palace carry on chugging along as they are, haven't really been much of a threat in the first half, but would hope there's more desire to assert themselves and push the result home by getting the rest of the forward options as involved as Costa was early on.

Mostly in control but not created many good chances, Costa shot the best. We have looked a bit iffy when Eze has run at us and they play one touch passing, and Sa kept us ahead with a superb save. Costa has been very good, as has Semedo. I'd like to see Cunha do more he just drifts out of the game a bit. Hwang tries but my god he's not very good with the ball. I'd get him off, switch Nunes to the right, where he has been good in recent weeks, and bring Neto on.

Steady half, good fortune on the early set piece has set them in a good position with something to hold onto but would be nice to see a bit more purpose and look to build on that lead. Plenty of steady possession between central midfielders and centre halves but unless they go longer early for Costa there isn't much outlet until Palace drop into shape and open up a switch to the fullbacks.

Might be enough if Palace carry on chugging along as they are, haven't really been much of a threat in the first half, but would hope there's more desire to assert themselves and push the result home by getting the rest of the forward options as involved as Costa was early on.

I know we've had the 'we vs them' conversation before, but that last sentence took me while to figure out!

Really noticeable how easily palace seem to move the ball into our final 3rd, movement of their players and first time passing is much better. When we have moved it quickly we've created so I've no idea why we insist on 2/3 touches per man.

We`re still in a vulnerable position at the moment. Canny bugger is old Roy. No one to replace Costa when he inevitably tires. I would rather see Nunes on the right and Neto on the left. Hwang just isn`t a premiership player for all his effort. Let`s see what Lopetegui rocks up with his second half substitutions.

Sarabia deserves another go on the right. Whoever has come on down the left recently has done bugger all.

Really noticeable how easily palace seem to move the ball into our final 3rd, movement of their players and first time passing is much better. When we have moved it quickly we've created so I've no idea why we insist on 2/3 touches per man.
Loads of opportunities get passed up by people not backing themselves to play a first time pass or their team mate to take it in a tight area, too safe, too often!

Ominous start to the second half. I’d be looking to get some fresh legs on sooner rather than later.

So good from bueno

Not sure how gomes thought he had any chance there but also good

Frustrating there, good work in the end by Bueno and Nunes but it takes so long for them to play out of the corner that they've got little chance trying to find a team mate in a packed box.

We’ve booted Ayew all over the pitch tonight, fair play.

We’ve booted Ayew all over the pitch tonight, fair play.
Yep Dawson has done a number on him.

You'd never get that sort of treatment from Kilman!

Unlucky Daws.

Time for some changes. Got to see what Palace do first though with theirs coming on now.

Here comes the wonder kid.

I suspect a change of system. Three in the middle and one up top.

Hwang was very fortunate - he's a liability in those areas.

4-3-3 for Palace by the sounds of it.

Let's see if Lop does his usual Moutinho for a winger sub.

If we go three in the middle I'd like to see Gomes on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back