• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Crystal Palace (H) 25/4: Build-Up & Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Late notice but I have a spare ticket for the game as my lad has finally caught Covid. Pay what you can afford, I’d rather it was used! It’s in Billy Wright. Can meet outside the ground.

Late notice but I have a spare ticket for the game as my lad has finally caught Covid. Pay what you can afford, I’d rather it was used! It’s in Billy Wright. Can meet outside the ground.
Will check with my old man. He’s a bit old & miserable if he’ll be sitting next to you.

Guessing he’ll be left out again. His missus hasn’t sounded too happy on Twitter recently….”just saying”
Yeah my lad sent me a screenshot of that tweet.
Apparently Raul is getting dogs abuse from a section of our twitter 'fans' as well as him not getting any gametime.
I can't help feeling JL has got this wrong (assuming they've had a spat). Whatever their issues are, I think we'd be better served with him on the bench. Unless of course if he's downed tools.

Apparently Raul is getting dogs abuse from a section of our twitter 'fans' as well as him not getting any gametime.
I can't help feeling JL has got this wrong (assuming they've had a spat). Whatever their issues are, I think we'd be better served with him on the bench. Unless of course if he's downed tools.
How can you conclude JL has got it wrong if you don't know the details?

From the outside I don’t really think he has got it wrong - on a football level Raul isn’t up to it anymore nor has he done a great deal to earn a spot.

How can you conclude JL has got it wrong if you don't know the details?
The details are irrelevant, we're in a dire position in the table and need every player we have, when Costa goes off after 70 minutes and Cunha goes up front on his own we look terrible.
Can sort the issues at the end of the season which will probably mean Raul moving on.
Caveat to that obviously is if Raul is being a twat in which case my apologies to Julen.

From the outside I don’t really think he has got it wrong - on a football level Raul isn’t up to it anymore nor has he done a great deal to earn a spot.
He's definitely nowhere near the player he was but from what I've seen, if he links up front with Cunha, we look more threatening.
It's probably a moot point now we're safe.

The WC situation which I can see from both sides got him and Lopetegui off on a bad footing. I think he had to play well to overcome that which he didn't. Offer me a choice of Costa coming off and being replaced by Raul or Moutinho with Cunha at 9 and it's a simple answer though. On a purely football level it doesn't make sense so obviously more to it.

I don't think Raul had been great but he looks far better than Cunha up top.

Not sure what has gone on but he'll go in the summer now which will be a sad end to his Wolves career.

The WC situation which I can see from both sides got him and Lopetegui off on a bad footing. I think he had to play well to overcome that which he didn't. Offer me a choice of Costa coming off and being replaced by Raul or Moutinho with Cunha at 9 and it's a simple answer though. On a purely football level it doesn't make sense so obviously more to it.
This is where I am on the matter.
As for the world Cup issue, who of us if after a life threatening injury and getting to the latter stages of our career, wouldn't take the opportunity to play at the pinnacle of a footballers career?

She’d had been wise to turn off commenting. But I guess it’s a good exercise to block some of our idiot followers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back