• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Coronavirus

as a result of covid;

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-60421056

I find it very interesting that senior business leaders and the like are desperate for most people to return to the office full time, despite having probably worked via hybrid working for many years historically themselves.
I really don't understand the clamour for everyone to be back 100% of the time, especially when numerous studies show numerous benefits - increased productivity, happiness for staff with the flexibility, people having more time owing to not commuting, roads and trains not snarled up (as much), the associated ecological benefits of this. Health benefits too - my MH has been aided by the extra time with my wife, as well as being able to walk regularly in spring/summer/autumn, and again, this has mainly been with mrs jelly and has been wonderful.

as a result of covid;

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-60421056

I find it very interesting that senior business leaders and the like are desperate for most people to return to the office full time, despite having probably worked via hybrid working for many years historically themselves.
I really don't understand the clamour for everyone to be back 100% of the time, especially when numerous studies show numerous benefits - increased productivity, happiness for staff with the flexibility, people having more time owing to not commuting, roads and trains not snarled up (as much), the associated ecological benefits of this. Health benefits too - my MH has been aided by the extra time with my wife, as well as being able to walk regularly in spring/summer/autumn, and again, this has mainly been with mrs jelly and has been wonderful.
Because senior business leaders either own, or are friendly with building owners and they don't want to see their multi million pound offices lose value, they don't give a fuck about happiness for staff or the effects on environment, it's all about the big bucks.

Also a hell of a lot of MDs/CEOs are still rooted in the 80s/90s in terms of business practice (with respect to everything, not just hybrid working). It'll take that generation to retire before attitudes change across the board.

Not really a criticism, just the way it is. People don't tend to change that radically once they've forged out a career, they all end up looking old fashioned after a while (we all will at some point too, if we don't already), but the power is still overwhelmingly concentrated in that demographic.

I absol
Also a hell of a lot of MDs/CEOs are still rooted in the 80s/90s in terms of business practice (with respect to everything, not just hybrid working). It'll take that generation to retire before attitudes change across the board.

Not really a criticism, just the way it is. People don't tend to change that radically once they've forged out a career, they all end up looking old fashioned after a while (we all will at some point too, if we don't already), but the power is still overwhelmingly concentrated in that demographic.
I absolutely agree.

Politicians telling us to get in the office are the ones that can get to fuck though, they are saying it for all the wrong reasons, as is so often the case..

WFH can get to fuck.
Working with people can get to fuck.

Been so long since I had to sit an office with others I had forgot how annoying I find people (sure thry say the same about me tbh).
Doubly annoyed I now have to get that experience on a Tuesday and a Thursday from next week.

Working with people can get to fuck.

Been so long since I had to sit an office with others I had forgot how annoying I find people (sure thry say the same about me tbh).
Doubly annoyed I now have to get that experience on a Tuesday and a Thursday from next week.
Just missed out on being a TWaT though so there is that.

hancock announcing he didn't break covid rules, but accepts he broke covide guidelines shows yet again the contemptable lack of self awareness within the current government.

Point of order, you're only generally considered to be part of the Government if you have a ministerial role (however junior), he doesn't and as such has no more status at present than headbangers like Peter Bone and Bill Cash.

He's currently the guy who's been sacked but still drives to the office every day and walks round the park eating the sandwiches his wife (or in this case, illicit lover) made him for lunch.

take the point, though he was a member of the government at the time, and his "defence" has morphed into "I didn't break the rules, I broke guidance" is in line with the current government MO.

have been observing a number of colleagues at work testing positive in recent weeks. also receiving a lot of queries from people who have tested positive also.
hope we have a mild march and april and the weather improves so we can safely do social activities outside safely!
Haven't seen my folks since february to keep them safe/better safe than sorry as they are both still very nervous, especially as they are both over 70 with underlying health issues and disabilities. Missed moms birthday last weekend.

have been observing a number of colleagues at work testing positive in recent weeks. also receiving a lot of queries from people who have tested positive also.
hope we have a mild march and april and the weather improves so we can safely do social activities outside safely!
Haven't seen my folks since february to keep them safe/better safe than sorry as they are both still very nervous, especially as they are both over 70 with underlying health issues and disabilities. Missed moms birthday last weekend.
I tested positive on Monday. Positives are that my better half hasn't got it yet (touch wood), Cheltenham is on and so is the cricket.

Flu like symptoms so far, started with a sore throat.

Due on a family holiday on Sat morning - just found out that one DiL has contracted it.

This holiday was blown out for the last 2 years, but in the UK this time so hopefully they can still turn up during the week at some point

Due on a family holiday on Sat morning - just found out that one DiL has contracted it.

This holiday was blown out for the last 2 years, but in the UK this time so hopefully they can still turn up during the week at some point
Well morally you probably should change your plans, but legally you don't have to.

Got pinged 3 times by the NHS Covid app this week. Forgot I even had it tbfh.

Last edited:
Cases are high and all restrictions have been removed. Its a free for all.

Measures to mitigate it now are completely ineffective unless you go actually shutting stuff down again, which isn't practical or appropriate.

Essentially if you're afraid of it now you'll be afraid of it for the rest of your life.

Back