• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Coronavirus

My mate that works for Marstons says that they have been told to get all their pubs they want open, ready for the 4th July. Greene King have been told that date too.

Prof Neil Ferguson, the epidemiologist whose modelling prompted the lockdown, quit as a member of the Scientific Advisory Group for Emergencies (Sage) for flouting physical distancing rules when he was visited by his girlfriend.

After he stood aside, senior Tories insisted he had done the right thing.

Hancock said he was “speechless” and added: “I think he took the right decision to resign.”

The former Tory leader Sir Iain Duncan Smith said Ferguson’s behaviour “risks undermining the government’s lockdown message”.

Let’s see if Hancock and IDS feel the same way about Cummings.

My mate that works for Marstons says that they have been told to get all their pubs they want open, ready for the 4th July. Greene King have been told that date too.

Greene King working toward that date, but only if all safety measures in place. Not all GK pubs going to open on that date, will be staggered openings

Greene King working toward that date, but only if all safety measures in place. Not all GK pubs going to open on that date, will be staggered openings
There will be a lot of staggering I would imagine...

Pretty much the same as Dom and his 300 mile trip to see his parents whilst showing symptoms and then self isolating.

Who here hasn’t driven hundreds of miles, whilst sick, with a small child in the car, to go and potentially infect their aged parents?

Who here hasn’t driven hundreds of miles, whilst sick, with a small child in the car, to go and potentially infect their aged parents?
Laura has now been told to say it was his sisters and nieces

Also that his wife was ill and he was “in danger of becoming ill”. Despite the fact that the government release of 30 March said Cummings himself was self-isolating after displaying symptoms. All topped up nicely by saying Durham Police are lying.

And now the trip was “essential”. Hmmm. It also very clearly broke lockdown rules. Visits to family in their home are clearly off limits. A second building within the boundaries of that home is stretching the limits to say the least. Plus Calderwood was made to resign for visiting her second home. So Dom is right in the shit. The defence by Gove this morning is pathetic.

There is no way a 5 year old child could have made that journey without needing the loo. They must have made a trip into a services placing more people at risk.

And now the trip was “essential”. Hmmm. It also very clearly broke lockdown rules. Visits to family in their home are clearly off limits. A second building within the boundaries of that home is stretching the limits to say the least. Plus Calderwood was made to resign for visiting her second home. So Dom is right in the shit. The defence by Gove this morning is pathetic.
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others...

Raab C Brexit and Sunak now moving in on the defence, saying that this trip was perfectly reasonable, and using it to score political points is not.

Just ridiculous.

Strange how Dom's wife omits all mention of this perfectly innocent 250 mile trip up north from her Covid diary in the spectator.
5af6a8d5732d4088b67bd9a3a71438cb.jpg

Cummings is 48, that puts his parents into the at risk category. He should have been self isolating with his I'll family at home, there is no justification here.

But I suppose it does align with the govts strategy on getting xovidi into care homes to an extent

He should be in the shit, but he won't be. It'll be quickly brushed under the carpet, most people don't know who Dom is, despite the power he has.

Back