• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Coronavirus

Viral load is a huge factor which is why they're seeing a lot of frontline staff suffering more than those with low exposure.

There is also a factor of ethnicity coming into play and nobody is quite sure why.

Most sensible comments seem to point to it being socio-economic and not genetic.

Most sensible comments seem to point to it being socio-economic and not genetic.

Should be easy enough to correlate with patient demographics I would have thought. I e. People in poor socioeconomic groups should be over represented as a whole and not just from minority groups.

Should be easy enough to correlate with patient demographics I would have thought. I e. People in poor socioeconomic groups should be over represented as a whole and not just from minority groups.

Not really that easy I would guess. You’ve got to understand the factors affecting their cultural behaviour too.

No. But you specifically mentioned ethnicity.

I did, my point was there are groups emerging (age, gender, ethnicity, viral load) that are giving us a good picture of who is most vulnerable but not the reasons why.

I'm sure more will emerge as the days go on.

One of the key factors in how the body reacts to Coronavirus is hypertension and in the UK it is more prevalent in people of African and Asian heritage.

Not really that easy I would guess. You’ve got to understand the factors affecting their cultural behaviour too.

That would suggest that maybe it's not just socioeconomic. Like most things there probably isn't a single reason but a multitude of factors

That would suggest that maybe it's not just socioeconomic. Like most things there probably isn't a single reason but a multitude of factors

Specifically it would seem, in the west mids at least, that it initially affected poorer south asian first or second generation migrants. That would be socio-economic I think? If not apologies.

Specifically it would seem, in the west mids at least, that it initially affected poorer south asian first or second generation migrants. That would be socio-economic I think? If not apologies.

Sorry yes, I got my definitions wrong. My bad

I hope they name the chap at work who I have no doubt is racking up 100 mile rides.

I wouldn't mind but he does it at least twice a week during working hours, quarantine or no quarantine.

What about the people who are drinking loads more, or doing more DIY? That has more of an increased risk of hospitalisation.

One of the key factors in how the body reacts to Coronavirus is hypertension and in the UK it is more prevalent in people of African and Asian heritage.

I think it’s more African-Americans who are more commonly hypertensive. Lots of reasons behind that I guess, but studies in the UK haven’t shown as quite a stark relationship between hypertension and African origin.

Doesn't increase chance of spread as much as someone travelling around a big area though does it?

No, definitely no concerted effort to turn people against cyclists....

https://road.cc/content/news/sunday...va-miles-272677?amp&__twitter_impression=true

Supermarket shopping is far more dangerous regarding the spread of the disease compared to cyclists even those going on 100 mile tours. I agree with earlier sentiments that they should adhere to the spirit of the guidance.

Looking at Machins link, helped me find an article on my brother in law which will soon be a year ago.

https://road.cc/content/news/260878...hile-riding-mallorca-full-details-unclear-now

Back