• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Cardiff (H) 19/08: Build-Up

Just watched the press conference with Nuno. Im a huge fan already, I really like how grounded he seems, he takes his time to reflect and process everything, no stupid soundbites, honest answers, and seems really driven. He obviously has a huge desire to win, yet he respects each team we play, he even respected Colin's experience.

What a difference compared to the dour interviews Lambert used to give. He always spoke like he had just been told his wife was leaving him and was keeping the house.

Just watched the press conference with Nuno. Im a huge fan already, I really like how grounded he seems, he takes his time to reflect and process everything, no stupid soundbites, honest answers, and seems really driven. He obviously has a huge desire to win, yet he respects each team we play, he even respected Colin's experience.

What a difference compared to the dour interviews Lambert used to give. He always spoke like he had just been told his wife was leaving him and was keeping the house.

Biggest benefit is that I can actually understand what he says, which wasn't always the case with Lambert (though I am a southerner so anyone north of Watford is unintelligible to me :icon_smile:)

Absolutely buzzing for this tomorrow. Ruben Neves in a Wolves shirt FFS.

It feels like Nuno actually speaks when he answers even the daftest of questions. Lambert spoke to the media far more and never said anything.

Going to be out all of tomorrow afternoon as got persuaded to play in a bowls league match as someone had pulled out - won't normally do that if we are playing, but would have have had to go there a player short if I didn't.

Annoyed of Dorset

I like how Nuno comes out after a masterclass where we bossed the opposition and says it was good but he wants better! Compared to Lambert (who I too struggled to understand at times) who would say how wonderful a steaming pile of shit performance was whilst continuously scratching behind his ear

Woke up at 4 really looking forward to this. How massively different to last season when it was just about the pub

I have not looked forward to wolves game like this in years! They better perform!

Massive game today no doubt we have had the tougher fixtures so far but this will be a different game. I think they will take Walsalls pre season approach so I just hope more than the result our players come through without injury.

For some reason I think we will lose 2-1 Bright with the goal.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Comfortable win for Wolves 2-0, Cardiff will struggle to get near us.

Cardiff will set up to defend,spoil and counter attack which we have not yet encountered in a league game although the majority of teams we face from now on will be doing this. This game will go a long way towards defining our season.

Cardiff pre-match preparations are taking a bit of a hit.

Telegraph reporting they've accepted a bid from Brighton for Zohore and Lee Tomlin was charged with GBH yesterday. Be interesting to see their lineup.

Cardiff pre-match preparations are taking a bit of a hit.

Telegraph reporting they've accepted a bid from Brighton for Zohore and Lee Tomlin was charged with GBH yesterday. Be interesting to see their lineup.

Shame that I was hoping they would come with their best side so Warnock had no post match excuses.

Colin said:
If the club want to spend money like them - 55million, 60million? - it will be a good test.
We’re not going in awe of them. I’m hoping we’re better prepared than last year. It will be a fabulous crowd and a great stadium to get the atmosphere. They’ve not had a lot to shout about of late but maybe this is their year.
I don’t envy Wolves, we worry about ourselves, we’ve gone about it differently.

Let's just make numbers up, shall we?

Back