• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Cardiff (A) pre-match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't have a problem with him coming on when the others have got the goals to win the match to give them some rest time, but he's not going to fit into an attacking starting line up.

Would be very surprised to see him in a starting 11

Apparently the current Cardiff left back has never really played there before, so I'd like a natural right winger to play and have a go at him, quite relaxed as to whether that's vlp or Henry, but definately not Edwards or price.

Apparently the current Cardiff left back has never really played there before, so I'd like a natural right winger to play and have a go at him, quite relaxed as to whether that's vlp or Henry, but definately not Edwards or price.

Scott Malone? He's been a left back all his life.

Would prefer Henry then as whilst he doesn't have the pace, has I think a more consistent end product atr the moment

He's been a left winger ever since he left us hasn't he? Anyway looks like Joe Ralls played left back in midweek, listed as a midfielder on Wiki but I don't know anything about him.

Scott Malone? He's been a left back all his life.

If its Scott Malone - then possibly VLP to start as I don't remember Malone as being that quick (though that may be my poor memory).

Hopefully I will come back to another 3 points as out all day tomorrow helping my son do the move out of his house.

Would prefer Henry then as whilst he doesn't have the pace, has I think a more consistent end product atr the moment

Think VLP's "end product" has improved significantly over recent games so would be happy with him, but also happy if Henry starts, think we're quite strong wide right at the moment, both are useful but in different ways

He's been a left winger ever since he left us hasn't he? Anyway looks like Joe Ralls played left back in midweek, listed as a midfielder on Wiki but I don't know anything about him.

Good player, someone we should keep an eye on as a potential signing. Not a left back however.

Henry: 4 goals, 3 assists.

Rajiv: 1 goal, 8 assists.

i think the rvlp end product stuff was overblown myself but he has definitely been getting some crucial assists recently and i think it helps that he has two strikers to aim at now rather than 1 outnumbered striker

I think with Vlp he gets into more dangerous areas more often than Henry so he probably misplaces more final balls than him but has more attempts at it due to his pace/skill

Bit of a heads up here for Young Wolf....

Another bloody event on a matchday for me.... my mates daughter's confirmation on Saturday and a Christening on Sunday.
Don't these people realise there are big sporting events on??

Parkin's not around for tomorrow either....

He's also absent on Bournemouth when we play Tuesday.
But I might be home in time for that one...

Are all Cardiff's games still being televised, does anyone know?

Bit of a heads up here for Young Wolf....

Another bloody event on a matchday for me.... my mates daughter's confirmation on Saturday and a Christening on Sunday.
Don't these people realise there are big sporting events on??

Parkin's not around for tomorrow either....

He's also absent on Bournemouth when we play Tuesday.
But I might be home in time for that one...

Noted! I will either be listening or watching if there is a stream, so I will try and do updates

I'm at the game Tuesday so obviously won't be able to.

Are all Cardiff's games still being televised, does anyone know?

I think some do, if we are lucky perhaps we will get a stream.

More a reaction to him starting over Afobe... Id be $#@!ing livid.

That's about what I'd expect from most of us, tbh. Especially given Afobe is in amazing form already.

I think with Vlp he gets into more dangerous areas more often than Henry so he probably misplaces more final balls than him but has more attempts at it due to his pace/skill
I think it was more the number of blind alleys he ran down and failed to deliver the final ball, or smashed it against the defenders leg who was a yard away Freddy Eastwood style rather than the quality of the ball when he actually got it in. Charlton at home being the game which particularly sticks in mind and where the criticism ramped up from. Since then he has provided 4/5 assists and passed / crossed the ball more quickly.

Ironically I think it's the defensive side of his game which has lead to him being out of the team currently as KJ is looking for someone who can be more solid on the right like Henry, Edwards and Price given we have Sako, Dicko and Afobe on the pitch. The team seemed very pissed off by his failure to track Olsen's run for Norwich's second goal.

Personally I think Sako's "inability" to defend is pretty overhyped.

Its an area he has improved upon in the last 2 seasons, he was a liability in his first, must have given away 4/5 penalties

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back