• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Burton 0 - Wolves 4 (could have been 6+) verdict thread

Agree on Vinagre. We have to sign him up. He struggles with his strength a little, and the odd time gets caught on the ball and is liable to lose it (but fights hard to win it back without fouling). But you can't tell he's so young and inexperienced. Did well for his goal bless him.

Give me a right sided Vinagre and I'd be chuffed. Still not happy with Doherty. He's lazy and he does a lot for show. He manages to hide from play whilst looking like he's doing a job. I've tried typing it out before but it just looks shit. I know what I mean though!

Apart from the way we turned things round after Wednesday night, the most pleasing thing for me is the way we despatched Burton Albion. How many times over the last few years have we come up against teams near the bottom, and have huffed and puffed but got nowhere.

Agree on Vinagre. We have to sign him up. He struggles with his strength a little, and the odd time gets caught on the ball and is liable to lose it (but fights hard to win it back without fouling). But you can't tell he's so young and inexperienced. Did well for his goal bless him.

Give me a right sided Vinagre and I'd be chuffed. Still not happy with Doherty. He's lazy and he does a lot for show. He manages to hide from play whilst looking like he's doing a job. I've tried typing it out before but it just looks $#@!. I know what I mean though!

I think "going through the motions" is the expression?

Doherty played very well yesterday - credit where it's due. Made a really good tackle midway through the first half and was always a threat going forward. Some great interchanging with Cav in the 2nd half in particular.

Don't get me wrong, I would love an equivalent of our left sided players on the right but Doherty was very good going forward yesterday. And I couldn't stand Doherty last season (or the season before).

A right footed Vinagre on the right with Douglas on the left (or vice versa) would be insane. But Doherty really hasn't disgraced himself this season. An upgrade would be lovely, but I don't think he looks completely out of place in the team.

Do we expect the German lad to challenge when fit? What is actually wrong with him?

Do we expect the German lad to challenge when fit? What is actually wrong with him?

Of course he will challenge, daft signing otherwise. Did his ankle in pre-season and then had to have an op.

Of course he will challenge, daft signing otherwise. Did his ankle in pre-season and then had to have an op.

This has made me laugh. I have no idea why Thelwell thinks signing players who are an injury risk is a good idea, it's not like we don't have a long history with this is it.

I do agree with your point in that he should challenge. However, I think we should be looking at getting a replacement for Doc in Jan regardless of how Phil is doing.

Apart from the way we turned things round after Wednesday night, the most pleasing thing for me is the way we despatched Burton Albion. How many times over the last few years have we come up against teams near the bottom, and have huffed and puffed but got nowhere.

Without getting me started, too many. Great to see and long may out continue

I wondered if he was like Bennent though, he seems to suggest he was signed prior to the new manager and tactics considerations.

Wednesday beating Leeds 2-0, another result going our way.

Just watched the extended highlights on Wolves TV back - if we think that Doherty is half arsed about getting back defensively on occasions then watch the Burton defence when Vinagre scores.

Really well taken goal, but at least 2 defenders had given up

Wed. gone 3-0 up from a Kieron Lee shot. He looks useful.

Love Vinagre's celebration. Obviously a big CR7 fan.

The skillz from Doherty that lead to the header for Jota in the 2nd half..simply outstanding. To keep that in and then get do a megs. Played Gloves, played

Haven't heard much regarding Bennett or I've just missed it. How did he play?

Back