• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Burnley (A) 21/12 Build-Up & Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Charlie Taylor was further back then Semedo at the start of the move and got the assist. If he actually attempted to get back, he might have done something.
Could have accidentally clipped his heels like Tarkowski did on OO.

I thought Otasowie has done ok, won the ball passed it good got in the box.

Our delivery in the final 3rd is not good.
We dont have enough players in the box, they have 4 /5 we have Otasowie and 5'5" podence.

I said it about Semedo the other day and it applies to RAN too... If you guys can't defend then pretty soon you need to start coming up with assist/goals/key passes or otherwise we may as well play Hoever and Marcal

I thought Otasowie has done ok, won the ball passed it good got in the box.
Yep, no way anyone should be digging out a young lad making his debut. We have plenty of experience in this team that needs to shoulder this and pull us out of the shit

neto keeps kicking it straight into their defense and getting blocked

I said it about Semedo the other day and it applies to RAN too... If you guys can't defend then pretty soon you need to start coming up with assist/goals/key passes or otherwise we may as well play Hoever and Marcal
Semedo gets into good positions IMO. Would like RAN to be higher up the pitch earlier, need to make it harder for them to defend so narrow

Charlie Taylor was further back then Semedo at the start of the move and got the assist. If he actually attempted to get back, he might have done something.
You mean Semedo who was on the floor?

There are three or four players you should be pointing at before him.

Otasowie has been fine. Moutinho got him booked with a shit ball in to him.
I just don't think he's being played in the right position, we're asking him to do things that aren't part of his skillset just like Nuno did with Dendoncker. He doesn't show the right movement in forward positions and has looked isolated. Need to tweak something about the midfield.

This is one of those games that we miss Raul more than some others as he is a more physical player & a proper striker - Otasowie trying to play that role to a degree, but he's a 19 yr old kid with no experience & being asked to do something he hasn't before. Don't think that he has been too awful either

Don't think Podence is really in the game - too many flicks etc against CH's twice his size.

There is a need to make changes & would expect Nuno to make them. Traore needs to be in there somewhere but told that if he is going to cross the ball it has to go in low.

Reactions: b3h
??? He was lying on the floor after sprinting the length of the pitch and being done by shit flick from his team mates.

Find a better hook for your agenda.

Semedo gets into good positions IMO. Would like RAN to be higher up the pitch earlier, need to make it harder for them to defend so narrow
Doc way better offensively though

Otasowie has done o.k. in my book for what has been asked of him. RAN started well until he was clattered, seems to have gone into his shell a bit since. Marcal on for me.

Yes - move it to a back 4 with Kilman & Ait Nouri off for Marcal & Traore

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back