• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Burnley (A) 21/12 Build-Up & Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
kinell, saft yellow card that. What about Tarkowski you cheating twat?

That's because he was our most advanced player - it's absolutely nothing to do with him. It's piss poor covering.
Wasn't enamoured with RAN's flouncing in the box either

Pods been bloody awful so far, hope Nuno wakes him up at half time.

id go to a back four and bring silva on at half time.
Not his fault.

Nuno has somehow managed to pick a formation/starting 11 that nullifies all of Pod & Neto’s strongest points, which has taken some doing.

Get Fabio on at half time for the booked Otosawie and actually offer some threat rather than worrying about them.

Set up is all wrong to much safety football and Podence and Neto as your only front aren’t going be able to hold much up.

Seeing how we lined up, I got it. Some nice moves up the pitch and got into the final third a lot but then not had quality/bodies to get into the box. Podence and Neto have looked bright for me, as ever

Parallels with the Newcastle game. Lots of bright attacking play without creating any chances. Just got hit on the break this time.

Silva for Otasowie (he's done OK, needs to move the ball quicker sometimes, and don't need him in there for me now)

I actually thought we started OK, and liked the look of Otasowie initially, but it all went a bit to shit.

I know we had some injuries and I tried to be optimistic about the latest personnel / formation change, trouble is when you it doesn't work it looks like hopeful tinkering.

We're missing settled partnerships all over the pitch, and again going forward nothing is clicking and it's very unconvincing.

So Barnes hadn`t scored in over a year? That was his 99th goal of his career? You don`t think it is written that he`ll get his 100th tonight do you?

For a big lad Otasowie doesn't win many headers does he ?

otasowie needs to come off. looks like he's still in the lineup, looks like no changes? if no changes, and no improvement, need subs within 10 mins.

Losing to a shite Burnley team and Ashley Barnes scores his first goal in over a year. What more can we ask for 🤣
Looks like starting without a striker is working about as well as the last time Nuno tried it but I’m sure he can get a better 2nd half out of us.

I actually thought we started OK, and liked the look of Otasowie initially, but it all went a bit to shit.

I know we had some injuries and I tried to be optimistic about the latest personnel / formation change, trouble is when you it doesn't work it looks like hopeful tinkering.

We're missing settled partnerships all over the pitch, and again going forward nothing is clicking and it's very unconvincing.
I was initially quite concerned by what it looked like it would be, but with Otasowie further forward I can understand it even if I don't think it was necessary.

Agree with what you say though. Although I think there are some nice passages of play/combinations where we haven't had the focal point to play off of

Are you serious?
Charlie Taylor was further back then Semedo at the start of the move and got the assist. If he actually attempted to get back, he might have done something.

Started quite well and then Burnley realised we didn't have much threat in their box and they started committing more players forward. We just went into our shells and need to step it up a lot and quickly or we will get nothing from this game.

You know if Cyber said before the game we'd lose to Burnley and Barnes would score he'd have got loads of stick :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back