• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Bristol City (A) build up

We are all but mathematically safe now and a lot of effort went into the Forest game, might be a few changes? Edwards in particular looked shattered towards the end.

I reckon Willo's days are done, he needed to be playing most of the games this month and he won't mess with the centre halves now unless he has to. I suppose we have to assume for now that Ikeme and Costa won't be available.

----------------------Lonergan-----------------

Coady------------Batth----------Hause-------Doherty

--------------Gibbs-White--------Saiss-------------

---------Marshall-----Cavaleiro-----Weimann-------

-----------------------Dicko----------------------------

Subs: Burgoyne, Williamson, Edwards, Evans, Herc, Bodvarsson, Ennis

2016/17: W 3-2 (H)
2015/16: W 2-1 (H), L 0-1 (A)
2013/14: W 3-1 (H), W 2-1 (A)
2012/13: W 2-1 (H), W 4-1 (A)
2008/9: W 2-0 (H), D 2-2 (A)
2007/8: D 1-1 (H), D 0-0 (A)
1998/9: W 3-0 (H), W 6-1 (A)
1994/5: W 2-0 (H), W 5-1 (A)

I hate their dickhead fans and pipsqueak manager so would be nice to send them closer to relegation.

I think it might be Evans for Gibbs-White but we may see GW start instead of Weimann and Bod instead of Dicko for the reasons you mentioned as Edwards, Weimann and Dicko were utterly spent at the end of Tuesday's game.

Just about to board my flight to Bristol. Let's hope the game is worth two nights in Bristol!

I would like Bright and/or Gibbs-white to get a start here. Maybe Ennis or Wilson on the bench too

What's happened to Bright? Still featuring for the U21s?

What's happened to Bright? Still featuring for the U21s?

Don't think he's been in the last couple of U23 squads, maybe travelling with the squad but not making the 18. I find it pretty disappointing and really hope he doesn't move elsewhere before we see how good he can be.

Bright has been in the match day 20. Would say he was pulled out of the 18 to take some pressure off him. He was removed during the shit run.

Would expect to see him on the bench at least in most of our last 7.

Lambert rates him.

However given we went on a shocking run and sadly for all his good bits of play he wasn't coming up with anything in terms of goals/assists when he was playing, it's understandable why we took him out (not that I will ever agree with playing Edwards at #10 instead if that's the alternative).

Next season he has to be playing first team football. There is no point at all in him playing U23 football any more other than the occasional outing just for match fitness, he has nothing to learn or gain from that any more.

Lambert rates him.

However given we went on a shocking run and sadly for all his good bits of play he wasn't coming up with anything in terms of goals/assists when he was playing, it's understandable why we took him out (not that I will ever agree with playing Edwards at #10 instead if that's the alternative).

Next season he has to be playing first team football. There is no point at all in him playing U23 football any more other than the occasional outing just for match fitness, he has nothing to learn or gain from that any more.

With new signings likely in the summer it's possible he won't get much of a look in. Hopefully there is room for him and the likes of Ronan and MGW in the first team squad next year.

Not sure he will make it at this level, of course he's still young enough to improve but think Ronan and MGW are in front of him now

The last couple of months have been the same situation which stunted his growth towards the start of last season. Travelling with the first team, not playing, but not being risked in the U23's in case he gets injured.

Unless he has an unbelievable pre season and looks like he'll start in our first 11, I hope we give him a season long loan with a Jan recall option to League One. Let him play adult football week in, week out and take it from there. That level will either knock some of his kid in a playground tendencies out of him or show up that he's not going to be good enough.

A lot obviously depends on incoming and outgoings elsewhere, but I'd be tempted to do the same with MGW, I've seen enough of Ronan though to think he could well be in our first 11 or at least regularly coming on from the bench.

I've started my 4 hour 50 minute trek to Bristol...it's cold ooop north

I can't see us letting Bright go out on loan - could too easily go wrong. He is so talented he is worth keeping around with us - let's win this game and then him, Herc, mGW and Ennis can get some games

We are Wolves! Off to the Avon Packet shortly of anyone else is around.
b4f280899a241f828a634863d41c168c.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Back