• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Bring it on....

It would be quite nice to beat them and then mess up their season, similar to when we broke Bristol City.

On paper we should beat them, and I think we're a more resilient side than we have been in more recent years too which should stand us in good stead.

It's the first time for a long while where we've been objectively favourites by a distance.

2021/22: They were AWFUL but we weren't much better without Raul. And no crowds was a huge leveller. I don't think we're losing from 2-1 up at Molineux with a full house there (should have been at least 4-1 at HT...and the first penalty was a joke...but I'm over it now, honest)

2011/12: We were in decline and they were becoming a good team under Hodgson

2010/11: Both in relegation trouble for the away game so even stevens. They were a better team than us by the time we played them at home, but we had to win and they didn't, which was the clincher

2006/07: They had loads of "too good for the Champ, not good enough for the PL" players. We had Jemal Johnson, Craig Davies, Darren Potter, Jamie Clapham and Rohan Ricketts

2001/02: Man for man we were better in theory but you'd have to say an even battle given the table

2000/01: They were miles above us all season

1999/00: Played them twice before the end of October and we were still bedding down after the Keano sale and subsequent influx of players, they'd started quite well too under Brian Little so probably favourites both times

You're going back to the mid/late 90s.

It's the first time for a long while where we've been objectively favourites by a distance.

2021/22: They were AWFUL but we weren't much better without Raul. And no crowds was a huge leveller. I don't think we're losing from 2-1 up at Molineux with a full house there (should have been at least 4-1 at HT...and the first penalty was a joke...but I'm over it now, honest)

It was near the start of Nuno's "decline" as well. I say decline for want of a better phrase, something was clearly going on either internally at the club or internally within Nuno as he was parked on the bench for the majority of the game. The Nuno the season before wouldn't have been that passive in a derby.

Though as you say, no crowds did not help.

My whole family (apart from mum) were all baggie supporters, led to a weeks heavy banter before and after each game, but no bovver.
Haha all brothers, so no requirement for a footie match to supply a reason for bovver.

It was near the start of Nuno's "decline" as well. I say decline for want of a better phrase, something was clearly going on either internally at the club or internally within Nuno as he was parked on the bench for the majority of the game. The Nuno the season before wouldn't have been that passive in a derby.

Took Coady off too which was just weird.

It's been mooted in a couple of Athletic articles that the board considered potting Nuno after that and his thousand yard stare. Chorley away was around the same time too.

Took Coady off too which was just weird.

It's been mooted in a couple of Athletic articles that the board considered potting Nuno after that and his thousand yard stare. Chorley away was around the same time too.

Yeah, I seem to remember some murmurings when he did leave that the board had told him post-WBA at home, and he just saw out the rest of the season.

If I remember right we hadn't won for about a month or two prior to that game, either. But WBA fans do peddle the "they were in Europe and we beat them" line.

We were in some absolutely stinking form

Liverpool (A) L 0-4
Aston Villa (H) L 0-1
Chelsea (H) W 2-1
Burnley (A) L 1-2
Tottenham (H) D 1-1
Man Utd (A) L 0-1
Brighton (A) D 3-3
Everton (H) L 1-2
West Brom (H) L 2-3
Chelsea (A) D 0-0
Crystal Palace (A) L 0-1

6 points from 11 games

The decisions in that game were incredible, even accounting for this season.

A penalty that was blatantly outside the box, and of course this...

1000037043.jpg
No, I'm not over it either.

Albion won 4-1 at home today against Blackburn. Since Corberan took over they have the best home record in the league, 19 wins from 29 games. Anyone wanting this draw should be careful what they wish for, they won't be pushovers at all.

I'm not being THAT person, and it is absolutely a lack of knowledge, but I'm not sure who their danger players are? Thomas-Asante seems to be their main danger this season, but beyond that...

It will be a difficult game by nature of their home record, home fans and their players will be completely up for it due to the atmosphere.

I'm not over this one yet and I wasn't even there, I lived in Hamburg then.

GD-iEcEWwAAtEma

Not sent off, scores the only goal in a 1-0 win for them.

I'm not being THAT person, and it is absolutely a lack of knowledge, but I'm not sure who their danger players are? Thomas-Asante seems to be their main danger this season, but beyond that...

It will be a difficult game by nature of their home record, home fans and their players will be completely up for it due to the atmosphere.
Jed Wallace has been very good for them, his goals/assists record is excellent. Cyber Bonus too where he will defo score but somehow this doesn't apply to Dawson at the other end.

Ah yes I forgot Jed Wallace played for them. I always liked him here.

Vile.

I mean we're not objective but we do seem to have had some appalling decisions down the years against this lot.

Carbon on Ndah didn't even get him a yellow card did it?

Back