• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Brighton (A, LC) 18/9: Build-Up & Match Thread

Poor for the vast majority of the half. Not much to say that positive about any of them and Sa and Hwang who have been especially poor. Guedes the most lively of the attackers but a low bar.

Sarabia booked for leathering the ball away.

You could literally look across the entire line to make sure you weren't off. Petulant fuckwit.
Yes. Get him off. Hwang nothing.
Doyle been very good. Easily our best player.

Yep, fine. I'm really not sure how that differs from what I said in the first place? Other than the weird lifetime immunity because he scored at Man City argument.

Stearman was an ok (at best) centre half in the Championship in 2008, and a shite Championship centre half when we inexplicably re-signed him in 2016.

Ward is not someone I will ever have a go at, the point was I wouldn't have kept playing him up front forever in the Premier League just because he played there once at Anfield and scored and we won, which is a perverse thing to think.
Think you are reading too much into what I say. All I said really is that Adama had some memorable moments in a Wolves shirt.

We’ll probably stay in the game until about 10 to go and concede a 3rd then all the apologists will say it was a decent effort with all the changes.

Thought i’d give a perspective from being at the game( i know i’m wired up differently 😂)

Sa’s confidence is completely shot now, so slow to move and get down for both goals. Got a bollocking from our fans after the first and reacted a little with a gesture and a look that basically had fuck off written all over it.

Guedes actually looking like a genuine threat which is good to see but it does seem to not extend beyond this competition. Still massively worried about the hole in front of our back 4 without Andre. No idea why Gaz can’t get one of those other midfielders to sit in that space.

I said after Forest i was slightly worried about Joao and how we’re using him but how he seemingly isn’t improving with his back to goal and his discipline positionally and that still stands.

The goal and the players on the bench mean that we’re still in the game. Be an interesting second half.

Doyle has been rubbish, keeps giving the ball away and had zero athleticism to stop Brighton winning the ball in midfield.

Bang average championship player.

Agreed, second hand embarrassment watching their player getting away from Doyle in the middle, looked like he was sprinting in treacle.

Back