• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Brentford (A) build up

Simple maths says we should attack doesn't it? Win 5 games to end of season and we're comfortably safe. Draw every game 0-0 and we could well go down.

Simple maths says we should attack doesn't it? Win 5 games to end of season and we're comfortably safe. Draw every game 0-0 and we could well go down.

I agree with this. If you go out to draw all the games away from home the maximum points you can get is 1. If you go to win you will have all 3 outcomes, for somebody who loves to tell us all about the stats Thelwell and Lambert miss this particular one out.

We have 11 games left, we probably need to win another 3 plus 2/3 draws. Position in the table wise this is the 4th easiest game, it would be madness to not try and win it.....I expect him to play for a 0-0

Hoping for a change in approach from Lambert today. Not really expecting it. Playing for a goalless draw is fine away from home against far better teams or when you desperately need to halt a run of consecutive defeats, like against Ipswich. This game should be more open and we should try to get the creative players involved a lot more.

I'd like to see something like this:
---------Ikeme
Iorfa - Willo - Hause - whoever
-----Edwards - Saiss
Marshall - Bright - Cavaleiro
---------Weimann

Both "left backs" have their pro's and con's (both more of the latter), doesn't really matter which one we use, though I'm still leaning towards the principle of playing an actual left footer. Costa sounds like he's been off his game lately, maybe time to give him a rest/wake up call. Plus if you also want to be playing both Cav and Bright that would leave the two in the middle with a lot of ground to cover, as I wouldn't trust any of the aforementioned to track runners properly. Edwards did ok as a number eight earlier in the season and would give some mobility and workrate to go with the flair players. I also think he could work well with Saiss, doing the pressing bit while Saiss sits back a little. Not sure about pairing Saiss and Price as they both like to sit back spreading passes and neither are very mobile. In my view you'd then need the more advanced players to be mobile and hard working, something neither of them are with the exception of Dave who lacks the other necessary skills for that role. Weimann to keep his place simply for scoring a goal.

Counting on being disappointed with the line up, have a sneaking feeling we might see a much better performance though.

Brentford at 11/8 represents good value.

Didn't remember that Teixeira had a brace against them in the home tie. Seems like a different era already.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Poor old Joao has only made one matchday squad for Forest so far, and he was an unused sub as well..

lets see what names come out of the hat tonight !!
i'm guessing Doherty Edwards, Batth & Coady will be there !

Edwards is a certainty, if he doesnt play tonight you can change my user name to I AM A KNOB.

Edwards is a certainty, if he doesnt play tonight you can change my user name to I AM A KNOB.

Remember many years ago on BBC 606 making a similar statement "I'll eat the content of the sewer" fortunately nobody made me keep it when I was wrong. Though unless his "Edwards" legs have dropped off

Just sat in the pub on the corner of Brook Road cracking boozer, this is already one of my favourite away grounds.

Doherty is playing according to WM, didn't say whether it is in the position where he is shit or shitter

A win tonight would be absolutely massive. Come on Wolves, lets get out of this mess before it gets out of hand and have a nice boring end to the season.

I'm going to this one. Will try to provide some updates. Hoping we try to win rather than an Ipswich style snooze fest.

Back