• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Brentford (A) 5/10: Build-Up & Match Thread

As much as GON is to blame I cannot stand this group of players. Absolutely no resilience whatsoever and not very good skilfully either.

I assume the players are just too tired after our impossible start to the season, poor lambs.

He's lost the players. Absolutely has to go now.

If Brentford score again then we eclipse the goals against conceded by the Derby 07/08 team.

If we don't win today we have a worse start than them.

Just after we equalised the second time, I gave a little cheer. The Mrs said "when wolves used to score you'd be jumping round the room, on your knees and shouting. The noise you just made was the same as when somebody drops a glass in the pub". They've completely lost my passion and I doubt I'm alone

I said i’d get rid last week but tried to provide a balanced view but i must apologise to everyone for that 😂 probably worth a ban.

Genuinely the worst set up team i’ve ever seen.

We have undoubtedly had a tough set of fixtures and I’m pretty sure GO wanted another CH but neither of these points change the fact that we are totally clueless defensively. I find it inconceivable that a manager like Moyes wouldn’t improve this squad and give us a chance of staying up. Stick with GO and Paddy Power will be paying out on relegation while the leaves are still on the trees.

I said i’d get rid last week but tried to provide a balanced view but i must apologise to everyone for that 😂 probably worth a ban.

Welcome to the dark side

I thought I’d been a bit harsh in my reply to you earlier in the week and was worried as you hadn’t posted again!!

Just after we equalised the second time, I gave a little cheer. The Mrs said "when wolves used to score you'd be jumping round the room, on your knees and shouting. The noise you just made was the same as when somebody drops a glass in the pub". They've completely lost my passion and I doubt I'm alone
Cass shouted to me “It’s 2-2” and my reaction was just “Make the most of it”. Which wasn’t much.

Thank you @OldManBoom I was quite proud of that composure analogy

I assume the players are just too tired after our impossible start to the season, poor lambs.

He's lost the players. Absolutely has to go now.
On that note, one thing that caught my eye was Ait-Nouri's reaction to not getting the ball. Did the old roll his eyes / head in frustration even though the ball to him would have been impossible. When you have players doing that, you know they aren't playing for each other and looking to make excuses. Same thing, blaming Larsen for not defending two players 20 feet apart. There is no discipline. No control. No leadership and above all, no responsibility being taken by i) GON and ii) the players. Sorry, but 20 goals conceded now.... as a coach you have to understand that it isn't working.

Cass shouted to me “It’s 2-2” and my reaction was just “Make the most of it”. Which wasn’t much.
Like a shit bf ay

Sorry, if I don’t keep posting nonsense quips I’ll just get sad about things

Genuinely the worst outcome here would be us somehow ‘showing character’ to claw back to a defeat by one. Wildly unlikely as that sounds. Our leader would need only the flimsiest of pretexts to keep him on despite this avalanche of shit.

Lemina at fault for two of their goals has been shocking and looks knackered. Joao Gomes and Andre not much better. So much hype for this midfield trio, they've been crap again. Defensively we are shot. They look like they're gonna score every time they attack.

I said a couple of weeks ago we look like Sheff Itd of the Covid season. Edit we look very Sheff Utd of last season.
There’s absolutely no metric that GON. Stays in his job. No win in 10, 1 win in 18, conceded 20 goals already this season only scored 1 goal second half this season.
Worst ever PL start, it’s probably our worst start ever.

This has got fuck all to do with Johnstone. The defence is shockingly bad and Sa wouldn't be able to do much different. Johnstone has saved two other certain goals so far.

He isn't the answer though and never should have been at 10m. Absolutely terrible team planning and transfer policy. Whilst early he was already in the bottom 3 of keeper metrics heading into today. Any new manager coming in will want a better keeper and then they now have one we spent £10mil on this season, and another who was presumably a high earner so probably won't want a 3rd due to the terrible way we run ourselves.

Genuinely the worst outcome here would be us somehow ‘showing character’ to claw back to a defeat by one. Wildly unlikely as that sounds. Our leader would need only the flimsiest of pretexts to keep him on despite this avalanche of shit.
I don’t think he’s all that concerned with pretext. It’s probably just calculated; “in x table position on y date => sacked”.

Same here. We know that the opposition will just go and score again.

I don’t think he’s all that concerned with pretext. It’s probably just calculated; “in x table position on y date => sacked”.
My worry is that the letters before ‘y’ are ‘Januar’

Back