• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Blues (H) Build-Up & Match Thread 24/2/17

I wonder if they want to move to 3 at the back a la Chelsea. As for an understudy to Mr Gloves, that's embarrassing for a transfer policy and whoever has put that in as an objective should be fired.

As an alternative and if we did want to do a Chelsea it's imperative we play an actual footballer in the middle of the pitch who is mobile too:

As for the team against Blues:

-------------Ikeme-----------

----Stears---Batth---Hause---

-Coady---Price---Ronan-----CBJ

----Costa----------------Bod---

--------------Dicko---------------

With Costa and Bod more as inside forwards like Hazard and Willian.

The problem with that is that Coady as a wingback would be worse than Coady as a normal RB (though not as bad as him as a CM) - CBJ no idea whether he can play that role

I agree with you DW that it isn't easy to get a striker into the club esp. in January, but considering our connections I would have thought it would have been easier this January gone.

Makes you wonder whether there was the will to use all avenues open to us. I can't believe that nowhere in the whole of Europe or wider, that there was no striker available to us for the rest of the season, to help safeguard our position in the Championship.

As I have been saying in several threads previously, Thelwell and Lambert have gambled with the future of the club, and I am not happy about it. I just hope it doesn't go wrong.

The problem with that is that Coady as a wingback would be worse than Coady as a normal RB (though not as bad as him as a CM) - CBJ no idea whether he can play that role

I actually think Coady would be less dangerous at RWB than RB! I agree with you about CBJ but anybody is better than the miserable, lazy tool that is Mr Gloves.

He demonstrably wasn't though. Half-arsed, just as shit positionally, and not as good going forward. He may have been a better tackler but that's no good when he's stood 10 yards away from their winger when gets the ball. At least Doherty cares and is our player, even if he isn't the answer long term.

He demonstrably wasn't though. Half-arsed, just as $#@! positionally, and not as good going forward. He may have been a better tackler but that's no good when he's stood 10 yards away from their winger when gets the ball. At least Doherty cares and is our player, even if he isn't the answer long term.

I know you have that view of CBJ Bear and I don't share that view. He needs coaching and our shitehouse setup has failed him completely and I think they should be ashamed of themselves for wasting a clearly talented player.

Doherty is a terrible footballer with a terrible attitude and I hope he leaves the club in the summer as there's no place for wastrel shite like him at our football club. You're deluded if you think Doherty cares, he's a flat out selfish cunt.

If you're going for a 3 then

Ikeme

Batth Williamson Saiss

Marshall Edwards Price Doherty
Costa. Weimann
Bod

If you're going for a 3 then

Ikeme

Batth Williamson Saiss

Marshall Edwards Price Doherty
Costa. Weimann
Bod

Batth on the right of a back three would be torn a hole so big that he would need to be in intensive care for a week to sew it up

Yeah, we can't play a back three. Don't have anything like the players.

Doherty would be an appalling wing back, I know that theoretically he's good going forward (apart from taking players on, which is kind of key) but it's a role which requires perpetual energy up and down the pitch. Erm, no. Not gonna happen. He needs a winger and a defensive midfielder holding his hand as it is, let alone leaving an entire flank to him.

Doherty would be an appalling wing back, I know that theoretically he's good going forward (apart from taking players on, which is kind of key) but it's a role which requires perpetual energy up and down the pitch. Erm, no. Not gonna happen. He needs a winger and a defensive midfielder holding his hand as it is, let alone leaving an entire flank to him.

That actual back 3 would be pretty good (Stears, Batth, Hause or Iorfa, Willo, Saiss) but I agree the wing backs have to be better and playing Edwards is a complete non-starter as he just doesn't have the ability on the ball.

Surely it would be

Iorfa. Williamson. Hause

If Iorfa ever gets his mojo back. Maybe Saiss for Williamson

I agree. Stick with 4 2 3 1 which is what the current squad is able to do!

Yeah, it's the dreadful 4-1-2-3 that's killed us this season (again no system is intrinsically bad but FFS, we can't play that, don't have the players). PPG wise we're not too bad with 4-2-3-1. We didn't play it all until Forest away IIRC and that's when our only good run started. It ended when we decided to sort of play Edwards as the #10 at Burton.

Yeah, it's the dreadful 4-1-2-3 that's killed us this season (again no system is intrinsically bad but FFS, we can't play that, don't have the players). PPG wise we're not too bad with 4-2-3-1. We didn't play it all until Forest away IIRC and that's when our only good run started. It ended when we decided to sort of play Edwards as the #10 at Burton.

I have no idea why successive managers have done this either (4-3-3) it must be an edict from someone...

On the showing of tonight and the cup run in general a Deacon of Sutton is this years Keemar Roofe and would be worth a punt from a league club

I have no idea why successive managers have done this either (4-3-3) it must be an edict from someone...

Can't be your mate:

51UK6vWmxBL._SY300_.jpg

-----------------Ikeme

Iorfa------Willo---------Hause--------Doherty

-----------Price-------Saiss

Costa-----------Ronan---------------Weimann

-----------------Bod

I'm not yet convinced by Weimann. Wasn't when he came in, still am not now. We don't really have any other options though right now. Wouldn't mind seeing Evans alongside Saiss but Price played well against Chelsea so keeps his spot. Coady isn't good enough so give Iorfa another shot.

I expect Dicko to start though, with Bright as a 10, Price and Edwards in midfield, Coady at RB, with Batth and Stears at CB.

Ronan needs to play - he's only a young lad so should have boundless energy (& only did a few minutes on Saturday, though should have had more)

Has more of a creative football head than Enobakare

I know you have that view of CBJ Bear and I don't share that view. He needs coaching and our shitehouse setup has failed him completely and I think they should be ashamed of themselves for wasting a clearly talented player.

Doherty is a terrible footballer with a terrible attitude and I hope he leaves the club in the summer as there's no place for wastrel shite like him at our football club. You're deluded if you think Doherty cares, he's a flat out selfish cunt.
I think you're being incredibly kind to CBJ. Surely if he had anything about him he'd have at least been on the bench? Everything points to him not being good enough or up for it and I can see where Bear is coming from. CBJ may have the talent but have we really seen it? I haven't.

Why does CBJ get a 'get out of jail free' card but the likes of Saville, Coady etc get so much stick for any mistake they make? If CBJ isn't doing enough in training, fuck him. He's not a toddler who needs his hand held, he's a professional footballer. The fact that Ronan, Bright, Gibbs-White, Johnson, Burgoyne et al have been played tells me that the coaching of players is there and if Lambert thinks they're good enough, they're picked.

Doherty isn't the answer medium or long term but TBH I think he's been okay at LB. Way better than I ever imagined. I want us to sign a proper LB but I'm more concerned about the output from RB rather than LB performance wise.

I also disagree with his effort levels. He may lack application but I can't accept that he doesn't care and makes no effort.

Back