• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Blackpool FC

He has impressed for them today, scoring a few goals. Must be worth £90 a week.

Result? Couldn't find it among the list of friendlies for today....

won 4-0

delf scored a couple and got an assist. We are talking about the mighty penrith though

Portsmouth managed to get players when they had troubles.

Situation at Blackpool doesn't seem to be about attracting players but the Chairman refusing to sign players that Riga wants. I expect them to load up with freebies next week. Whether or not their manager stays is a different story though.

Have they actually signed anyone yet or are they waiting until next week to save on Wages?

Still stuck on eight players, they have talked to the likes of Jacob Mellis, Martin Cranie and Nathan Delfouneso but none of them actually on the books yet.

Saw that Cranie was a no go yesterday.

I know the club are a clusterfuck right now, but they should have a queue a mile long of free agents and players that have been told they have no future at their current club.

The new season is just around the corner, it might be a good idea to sign a few players, otherwise they will turn up at Nottingham Forest with a team full of strangers.

The new season is just around the corner, it might be a good idea to sign a few players, otherwise they will turn up at Nottingham Forest with a team full of strangers.

I'm sure they will sign but they are going to be massively short of match fitness (I think Blackpool have just 1 more game before Forest). The first few months of the season could be an utter disaster for them. Really feel for their fans, they got promoted to the Prem, which was above their wildest dreams. They didn't do it with a team gambling their financial future and then their owner turns it into a massive pay day for his family and then happily screws the club over. If they are not relegated this season it will be a massive miracle.

Exactly. New players take time to bed in, but if you are signing eight or nine new players then that is a gamble. It would serve the club right if their fans boycotted games, but they will not do that.

There's a shop close to the ground that will iron on an "Oyston Out" message over the Wonga logo, £3 I think they're charging so will be interesting to see how many make that investment

The Oyston family are using the club as a cash cow. Their kids think it's okay to take the piss out of the situation on Twitter, making fake signing pictures with their vacuous mates and giving it large to anyone who dares to question their activities:

https://twitter.com/samoyston

Reading that grinds my gears both as a football fan and as someone who grew up in a similar situation as he did. The family seem like nouveau-riche types with absolutely no hint of humility or intelligence amongst them. The other shareholder, the Latvian businessman Valeri Belokon, has invited Karl and Owen Oyston to have discussions with him regarding the situation on numerous occasions with no sign of them even bothering to respond to his request. Here's a letter that was leaked on one of their forums:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...79040208.1073741826.1000563879&type=1&theater

In short, Blackpool FC will begin next season without a full complement of players. The Oyston family on the other hand will do rather nicely out of the next and final parachute payment.

Mellis and Cwyka have signed. 10 players now with 12 days to go.

If I were desperately looking to sign players, my first port of call would be players released by Barnsley who got relegated by absolutely miles last season.

:icon_lol:

They've got that little blonde guy Perkins as well.

Also rumoured to be talking to Peter Clarke.

I guess they are the best they can attract right now!

I've sent them my resume so wish me luck at the medical!

Clarke confirmed. 3 in just over an hour. Keep this rate up and they might have a full squad by the time the season starts.

Back