• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Blackpool FC

He likes to big up never having money to spend too (ignoring the stupid wages his 'free' signings are always on).

He'd definitely apply, we aren't paying him any more.

I know of a player who might fit the bill for them; he's a Premier League player apparently so he should be right up their street.

Apparently. The assistant Physio is now the kit man (although the players wash their own kit) and the head Physio has been downgraded to just Physio.

Is this just a case of greedy owner going too far???

Is this just a case of greedy owner going too far???

Basically yes, the Oystons have just milked the PL and parachute money for themselves.

Also Karl Oyston is generally a stubborn, penny pinching bastard - drops the players' wages down to £90/wk over the summer, refuses to pay agent fees, no-one wants to work for someone like that. Their training facilities are a joke too, another broken promise.

They're fucked, who in their right mind would join that utter mess now?

I'd be interested to know the net spend of investment compared to what the Oystons have taken out. What he seems to be doing now is just plain wrong but I'm not against an owner recouping some of the money they've invested in the bad times if good times arrive.

I'd be interested to know the net spend of investment compared to what the Oystons have taken out. What he seems to be doing now is just plain wrong but I'm not against an owner recouping some of the money they've invested in the bad times if good times arrive.

Not even on the same page. Oyston has even bought land off the club for next to nothing in the past and then sold it back years later with next to no development having been done for a sky high fee. They're parasites, always have been, just not on quite the same scale as 2011 onwards.

Their upturn in fortunes under Grayson/Holloway came when Valeri Belokon bought a minority stake and provided some reasonable funding.

So what, does everyone in the Championship play two games fewer and start with six points on account of Blackpool automatically forfeiting the season?

They won't forfeit the season. 100%.

They will find enough players in time, might be a bit of a scramble but they will. Almost certs to go down though!

Well what are they gonna do, toss the U21s out there?

There are still hundreds, nay thousands of free agents knocking around. They will get enough through the door in the next three weeks.

If they leave it until the last week Oyston won't have pay them over the summer........ Even if it is just £90! Is that real?! I can't believe a club does that!

Having a quick scan over a Blackpool forum earlier and it seems Keogh has been a bit vocal on twitter, insinuating without actually saying.

If they leave it until the last week Oyston won't have pay them over the summer........ Even if it is just £90! Is that real?! I can't believe a club does that!

It sure is:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...ol-pay-Manchester-United-old-boy-90-week.html

http://metro.co.uk/2012/08/11/emile-heskey-rejects-90-a-week-offer-from-blackpool-532532/

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/blackpool-players-paid-just-90-a-week-3357290

Links there from 2010, 2011 and 2012, it's been policy for them for a long time. The only club in the country to do so though as far as I'm aware.

@BlackpoolFC: TEAM: Trialist, Waddington, Trialist, Perkins, McMahon (C), Dunne, Zenjov, Trialist, Trialist, Grant, Trialist.

The Trialist family must be proud today

Portsmouth managed to get players when they had troubles.

Back