• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Blackburn 1 Wolves 2 (Afobe & Diego Edwardona): The Verdict

According to whoscored, Blackburn had 379 and we had 519

Many thanks to Bear and Lycan, great reports lads, much appreciated.

Thanks for the match reports lads, sounds like a good, solid first day performance with more to come, bit disapointed with Dave but tbf it looked like it was just a reaction rather than a pre-meditated handball and he also seems to say "that was a handball" as well as looking a bit sheepish.

Does anyone think that Ikeme could have done better with the Rovers goal? Though he redeemed himself with that save late on.

I think that once he gets there after the slip he has to make the save

Im still wondering how the fuck we didn't go 3-1 just after the break. Benik completely air shotted that cross from Iorfa..

Edwards - 8.5 MOTM - An easy choice for MOTM but weirdly I still felt that his inclusion was to the detriment of the overall team performance. He linked up really well with his team mates, played some lovely one-twos and flicks, set up one goal and scored another (with his hand). All that on top of his usual high work rate and tenacity. The formation is very strange though, and it lead to long periods of Blackburn possession. Kenny wants it to be fluid but right now it's more disjointed than anything. Maybe it'll improve as they learn the system and make small adjustments

How has Edwards game evolved, what does he have to do differently when playing on the left of a diamond midfield now that Afobe is the link player to Dicko.

Are we good enough at linking the play into the striker or will Jed Wallace come into the equation?

Does anyone think that Ikeme could have done better with the Rovers goal? Though he redeemed himself with that save late on.

My initial reaction was to be quite critical - but looking at it again after he's slipped he never properly regains his feet and can't jump. Think I'm prepared to excuse that one

Sorry he should have fessed up and taken a yellow. We would have been livid and called a player every name under the sun if that had been done to us to rob us of points. Look how we were with the RVLP red against Bournemouth last year that was a shocker. I dont wont cant condone cheating. It will come back to bite us in the arse

I'd be far more critical of the back four and how we backed of.

It will come back to bite us in the arse

Eh? How?

Definite handball and I'm amazed it wasn't spotted. I don't think it was deliberate but there's absolutely no way it should have counted.

As fans are often reminded when we are denied a penalty, given an undeserved red card, referees make mistakes, we take it on the chin when it goes against us, accept a bit of good fortune.

As fans are often reminded when we are denied a penalty, given an undeserved red card, referees make mistakes, we take it on the chin when it goes against us, accept a bit of good fortune.

Yeah, because that happens a lot. It wasn't good fortune it was cheating, winning a game like that leaves a sour taste.

Eh? How?

Definite handball and I'm amazed it wasn't spotted. I don't think it was deliberate but there's absolutely no way it should have counted.

Because refs will look at Edwards for a dive for hands etc for the next few weeks and others will get the benefit of the doubt. Mark my works he will not get a cast iron penalty in a game over the next few weeks as Karma for that yesterday

Oh dear, thank fuck I'm a bog standard fan, I know how it would have been greeted at the back of the South Bank and long may it continue.

Im still wondering how the fuck we didn't go 3-1 just after the break. Benik completely air shotted that cross from Iorfa..
Ah yes I remember that now. Iorfa inside the box on the right and cut it across from about level with the six yard box. Afobe had to just make contact from about the same distance out and it would have been an almost certain goal, and he missed it.

I hope Wolves show that and the Ojo booking on the highlights they put on YouTube.

Pious nonsense.

Ah right, having morals is pious. I'm sure you'll remind us all to 'take it on the chin' when we get a bad decision that loses us a game.

Not being an England fan you wouldn't have cared about the Maradona hand ball either.

I'm not getting into a slanging match, I'm as comfortable with my style of supporting as you are with yours.

Back