• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

BHA 0 - Wolves 1 The highway robbery verdict thread

McDonald has proven he can pick a pass but this season he has been very withdrawn because of those around him, Edwards, Coady etc etc.

I agree with this, the times last year where McDonald spotted Afobe's run early and played the pass. There's been countless times this year where Afobe has made the run but the pass hasn't come.

I didn't see any vile hatefulness, with the possible exception of DW and Doherty.

Most of the comments have been aimed at the style of play.
I think DW is pretty fair. If they do OK, he says it even if he thinks they more than often aren't good.

I think DW is pretty fair. If they do OK, he says it even if he thinks they more than often aren't good.

Where's the 'vile hatefulness' then? It's an odd thing to say, the team we put out today is almost our best team (I'd have golbourne and Wallace in), but it's the style of play which is awful. Sitting back and watching the other team play. I'm surprised that you are happy with Wolves playing like this.

I agree with this, the times last year where McDonald spotted Afobe's run early and played the pass. There's been countless times this year where Afobe has made the run but the pass hasn't come.

I'm not buying the reports McDonald hasn't got the legs to play behind Benik, hell Edwards has the legs but does fuck all with it, in that counter argument can we suggest that anybody half decent on the ball that can pick gaps doesnt really need 'that pace' to play that role. Will Jackett trust him with that role and say play Coady and Price behind him.

Most of the posters on here said the team we put out for Reading would get battered. They didn't, they won. There was astonishment when we played the same shocking team against Charlton. Again we were going to get hammered. We didn't, we won away from home. Then the same today. We go to a team that only had lost twice in the league this season. Yes as you know, kenny's same shit team selection beat Brighton away. I prefer Kenny's team selection to some of the experts on a football forum.
I am so happy with these 3 results, backs against the wall and all. It is almost if people on here want Kenny's Wolves team to lose, to fit their agendas. A bit of advice, support Wolves FC, instead of trying to fit in with the doom merchants. Be happy we won, that we are moving up the table. Support the players in Gold and Black even if it means your face won't fit on this forum. Always want them to win and don't dig at our players before they kick a ball. After all, that is what supporting your club is about.

I wasn't surprised we beat Charlton - they are rancid. I also predicted in the build up thread that we would win 1-0 today. Just because other teams are shit doesn't mean we should aspire to be shit, ya know.

And don't you do tell me how to or criticise how I support OUR club. I have never, ever booed at a game, and I will always be supportive. But why do I have to pretend everything is rosy on here? What is it with you and Frank and that is obsession with being happy about what has been a dire season so far?

So then it is a recruitment problem, which I agree with. Kenny can't put players out there, he doesn't have. So what does a manager do. He has to select a team that will get a result, not having the players capable to play more exciting football.

I'm not buying the reports McDonald hasn't got the legs to play behind Benik, hell Edwards has the legs but does fuck all with it, in that counter argument can we suggest that anybody half decent on the ball that can pick gaps doesnt really need 'that pace' to play that role. Will Jackett trust him with that role and say play Coady and Price behind him.

I would play Price behind Coady/Wallace and McDonald personally

So then it is a recruitment problem, which I agree with. Kenny can't put players out there, he doesn't have. So what does a manager do. He has to select a team that will get a result, not having the players capable to play more exciting football.
And Thelwell has to shoulder a hell of a lot of the blame, but sadly that's not being echoed anywhere. But I'm not going on one argument as Jackett does have to shoulder the other half of the blame, some woeful subs, strange positional changes. Hell he brings on a player that hasn't played for 18 months in front of Jed Wallace who has played that role in a couple of games.

I wasn't surprised we beat Charlton - they are rancid. I also predicted in the build up thread that we would win 1-0 today. Just because other teams are $#@! doesn't mean we should aspire to be $#@!, ya know.

And don't you do tell me how to or criticise how I support OUR club. I have never, ever booed at a game, and I will always be supportive. But why do I have to pretend everything is rosy on here? What is it with you and Frank and that is obsession with being happy about what has been a dire season so far?

You young ones want it all. Not only do you want a win, you want to win playing pretty football. I don't know, youngsters today( STOP MOANING)Hahaha

Where's the 'vile hatefulness' then? It's an odd thing to say, the team we put out today is almost our best team (I'd have golbourne and Wallace in), but it's the style of play which is awful. Sitting back and watching the other team play. I'm surprised that you are happy with Wolves playing like this.
I am happy with them winning.

Serious question - Frank and THM, did you watch the game today? If you did and you are happy with how wolves play then I want what you're drinking.

With respect, you seem to be ignoring what these guys have said to score points, neither of them said they were happy with the style of play only that the 3 recent results justify the tactics after the abysmal run of form/results prior and we can use those 3 wins to hopefully kick on and start to improve our form and results. Anyone that believes we could have picked an attacking team after the debarcle of the Wednesday game and improved our form immediately is delusional

I'm just glad that the threat of repeating the Solbakken/Saunders season is over. The way we played today as everyone has basically said wasn't pleasing but we did win, we did really restrict Brighton in the middle of the second half and the hope is that the likes of Zyro and (hopefully) more signings might shift the play to something better because Wolves haven't always been this defensive under Jackett. We'll just have to wait and see I s'pose!

What are you talking about then? Are we supposed to celebrate being fucking abysmal because we somehow beat three shit teams in a row? Jesus wept.

With respect, you seem to be ignoring what these guys have said to score points, neither of them said they were happy with the style of play only that the 3 recent results justify the tactics after the abysmal run of form/results prior and we can use those 3 wins to hopefully kick on and start to improve our form and results. Anyone that believes we could have picked an attacking team after the debarcle of the Wednesday game and improved our form immediately is delusional

That's not what either said though? It was more the case we are winning so all is well and we should all shut up and be happy. Wolves were, for the most part, dreadful today. It was awful to watch a team with great attackers like Afobe and Graham sit back and let Brighton have the ball. The possession stats were embarrassing.

I don't mind counter attack football, but that's not what we play. We don't even close teams down when they have the ball in our half, we just drop deeper and deeper.

Back