• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

BHA 0 - Wolves 1 The highway robbery verdict thread

Probably only Boro and Derby that can be classed as really good sides in this Division. After watching games on Sky, most of them are just like the game from today.

Yeah they are the only really good sides. Think it's been said quite a lot on several threads that the league is poor and that's why it's a shame we are fucking it up.

we will not continue to win games and clean sheets as we have done in the last 3 games. It is not sustainable.

But equally, how we were playing before wasn't sustainable. It's horrible how we are setting up but if it sets the foundations for an improved season then as a short term fix it is bearable.

If however we carry this until May and have a half arsed transfer window it becomes clear our ambition whilst in limboland is to keep clear of the bottom 3.

It's also the best time since the PL was formed for new teams to challenge for Champions League places and it hurts not to be there to take part in that shake-up...

Forgive me for being a little confused, but after we beat Reading, and yes I admit we were a little fortunate in that game, the good folk on here said if we carried on like that we would be in a relegation battle. We then beat Charlton, and again we are branded as lucky, which we patently weren't, and the good folk on here said if we carried on like that then high flying Brighton would beat us easily. We have now beaten Brighton. Is there any possibility that the management and the team might get a little bit of credit for turning things around?

I agree, well done KJ and the team..the bloke has been under pressure and hes found some sort of solution as well as looking to bring players in soon..Fair play.
Yeah the football aint pretty but then again an extra 8000 "fans" used to come in the PL to see shite worse than this...but i suppose that was against Arsenal etc
so that was acceptable?

The solution is football so eye-bleedingly poor I never want to sit through it ever again.

Go Ken.

Such a wum.

As we have already discussed, we are al delighted with nine points. It gives us a safety net and now we have ten days to bring in players and address the issues surrounding our current situation (this has still been a poor season, which even surely you would admit?)

If we were to continue setting up in this fashion and playing as we have done in this style, one that does not entertain the fans as KJ always claims he wants to do, we will not continue to win games and clean sheets as we have done in the last 3 games. It is not sustainable.

Most of the posters on here said the team we put out for Reading would get battered. They didn't, they won. There was astonishment when we played the same shocking team against Charlton. Again we were going to get hammered. We didn't, we won away from home. Then the same today. We go to a team that only had lost twice in the league this season. Yes as you know, kenny's same shit team selection beat Brighton away. I prefer Kenny's team selection to some of the experts on a football forum.
I am so happy with these 3 results, backs against the wall and all. It is almost if people on here want Kenny's Wolves team to lose, to fit their agendas. A bit of advice, support Wolves FC, instead of trying to fit in with the doom merchants. Be happy we won, that we are moving up the table. Support the players in Gold and Black even if it means your face won't fit on this forum. Always want them to win and don't dig at our players before they kick a ball. After all, that is what supporting your club is about.

Stop talking utter nonsense.

We have somehow won three games by playing football that makes me want to commit sappuku. We are awful and three wins mean the delusional suddenly come out wanting to try and score points. Well done.

Most of the posters on here said the team we put out for Reading would get battered. They didn't, they won. There was astonishment when we played the same shocking team against Charlton. Again we were going to get hammered. We didn't, we won away from home. Then the same today. We go to a team that only had lost twice in the league this season. Yes as you know, kenny's same shit team selection beat Brighton away. I prefer Kenny's team selection to some of the experts on a football forum.
I am so happy with these 3 results, backs against the wall and all. It is almost if people on here want Kenny's Wolves team to lose, to fit their agendas. A bit of advice, support Wolves FC, instead of trying to fit in with the doom merchants. Be happy we won, that we are moving up the table. Support the players in Gold and Black even if it means your face won't fit on this forum. Always want them to win and don't dig at our players before they kick a ball. After all, that is what supporting your club is about.

How can you tell someone how to support their club?? And then accuse people of posting just to fit in, behave. We've been here before, everyone on here wants us to win every game but just because we do win a game or 3 doesn't mean we have to forget all that's wrong and do just clap happily like it will all be fine. We have won 3 games in a row but in reality we are playing wank football and we are still shit and in 11th when we should be much closer to the play-offs, yes even with these players.

Serious question - Frank and THM, did you watch the game today? If you did and you are happy with how wolves play then I want what you're drinking.

3 games is not representative, that is why a season is 46 games long!

The luck is with us for these last 3 games, and we played one of the worst teams in the league and two out of form teams.

Nothing has actually changed, we played shit football, somehow got lucky from OGs and set pieces and then just parked the bus. This is exactly the same as before, we just conceded. We weren't exactly playing expansive free flowing football, we have just changed from 442 with Edwards to 451 flat 5 in midfield and changed price for another runner.

What happens when we don't get the lucky goal? We will lose.

Fortunately our team is not full of shit munchers like Charlton or Rotherham. So we will win a few games like today and lose a few and just be a mid table plodder.

You telling me Ipswich or Brentford have better players? It's how they are coached and the way you play. Unfortunately we aren't getting that right.

Stop talking utter nonsense.

We have somehow won three games by playing football that makes me want to commit sappuku. We are awful and three wins mean the delusional suddenly come out wanting to try and score points. Well done.

No, I don't want to score points. I want Wolves to win and fans to support Wolves Fc and stop digging at our players before a ball is kicked.
I am happy that we have won and think a few posters care more against their nasty agenda against our players or manager. We have won 3 matches, without letting in 1 goal. We have suffered, but we have dug deep. Cheer up it's new year and stop moaning. ( joking)

The only enjoyment I got from that game was the full time whistle (Which was two minutes over due). I just excepted as the second half went on that Brighton will eventually equalise. Fair play to the defence holding out today but it stems from having no real outlay up top or anybody capable to sit on the ball and move in menacingly.

I didn't enjoy one bit of that game to go with the last month.

Serious question - Frank and THM, did you watch the game today? If you did and you are happy with how wolves play then I want what you're drinking.

Yes I have. We played like a team that needed the points more than anything. Not pretty but effective. I can't stand the complete utter vile hatefulness against a few of our players before they even kick a ball. Well do you know what, Kenny chose them and they have run their legs into the ground. They have given everything and you know what? They have been on the winning side for the last 3 matches. Get behind the lads FFS.

Fair play to the defence holding out today but it stems from having no real outlay up top or anybody capable to sit on the ball and move in menacingly.

Do you mean we don't have anybody in the squad capable, or in the team?

Yes I have. We played like a team that needed the points more than anything. Not pretty but effective. I can't stand the complete utter vile hatefulness against a few of our players before they even kick a ball. Well do you know what, Kenny chose them and they have run their legs into the ground. They have given everything and you know what? They have been on the winning side for the last 3 matches. Get behind the lads FFS.

I didn't see any vile hatefulness, with the possible exception of DW and Doherty.

Most of the comments have been aimed at the style of play.

Back