• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Beer

Certainly going for getting the crowds in early doors and beating the local pub prices.

Wolves make a big thing about Fosun wanting this so would hope they look closely at Spurs over the next year

Would need to rebuild the ground to allow enough space to get anywhere near the counter for that to happen though

We wouldn't serve 500ml from tap, or at least it would be very weird if we did. Always pints or halves.

I'm going to have to go next season now and find out.
Yep, not allowed to by law.

Spurs pricing. Beavertown is a bargain compared to the prices for the standard drinks

D2cQVoyXgAAHX28.jpg:large
Something's not right there. Gamma Ray is normally 5.4% I think. Certainly stronger than Neck Oil.

WV1 has more than enough space for something similar. Had a nice pint of Nuno beer when I was there for Cardiff, was lovely.
That'd be Banks's Bitter my friend. They just rebadge for Wolves. Methinks you were tasting with your emotions :icon_lol:

Something's not right there. Gamma Ray is normally 5.4% I think. Certainly stronger than Neck Oil.
Maybe specials brewed just for Spurs in the micro-brewery there. Wonder if there is a limit on abv inside stadiums

Maybe specials brewed just for Spurs in the micro-brewery there. Wonder if there is a limit on abv inside stadiums
I'm guessing it's a typo on the board and they've put the Neck Oil abv next to it.

Why are there two Bulmers, same measure (500ml) but a different price...
The more expensive might be the flavoured ones? All different abvs which is why it says 'up to 4.5%'....?

Local off license has a ridiculous selection in there. Picked up the following -

2 x Wiper & True - Kaleidoscope, .4.2%
2 x Arbor - Faked Alaska Pudding IPA, 6%
Arbor - Megs Bomb, 4.7%
Half Acre Beer Co - Gone Away IPA, 7%
Cloudwater - DDH Pale, 5.5%
Collective Arts - State of Mind IPA, 4.4%
Cloudwater + Garage Beer co collab - Owt Wi'Th'Owls Mi Owd?, 4.5%
Double Barrelled - Too Much Excitement Yuzu sour pale ale, 4.4%
2 x Lucky Budda - Enlightened Beer, 4.8%
Tiny Rebel - Beer Money Inc IPA, 6%
Tiny Rebel - Stay Puft, Salted Caramel imperial marshmellow porter, 9%
Tiny Rebel & Big Drop - Imperial mocha vanilla shout stout, 0.5%
Tiny Rebel - Mango Milkshake IPA, 4.2%
Tiny Rebel - Pump Up The Jam, jam doughnut pale ale, 5%
Tiny Rebel - Peaches & Cream IPA, 5.5%

and finally... Final batch, Yellow Belly. Imperial Stout, 11% (in the original packaging!)

Let me know what you think of the Double Barreled one Jinks. I had their pale the other day and was really disappointed. Heard good things about them, so hoping it's a one-off.

My lovely wife bought me a surprise Honest Brew box to celebrate my total awesomeness.

20190328_070920 (002).jpg

Some cracking beers in there mate. Would love to try that Whiplash Double Brown - have it with a chilli :)

I bet that Burning Sky Porter is lush as well!

Brown Ale and Chilli Con Carne is a superb pairing, especially if it's got some American hops in there.
Malty sweetness tempers the heat of the spice, there'll be some chocolate notes in the beer that works well with the chilli, and the American hops and alcohol will cut through the fat of the beef.

Brown Ale and Chilli Con Carne is a superb pairing, especially if it's got some American hops in there.
Malty sweetness tempers the heat of the spice, there'll be some chocolate notes in the beer that works well with the chilli, and the American hops and alcohol will cut through the fat of the beef.

Oh, right, that makes more sense. I thought you were recommending accompanying it with just a raw chilli.
So I might now be taking your advice. :beerchug:

Back