• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Beer

content_mind-blown.gif

More fool me for wasting my time on such flavoursome pursuits! Pint of Spitfire please barkeep....

It’s the alcoholism.

It's an odd one. Coffee is more prominent on the nose. Quite hoppy up front but then the coffee kicks in. Quite raw/grainy tasting and a bit too astringent to start with, but once your palate adjusts it all comes together quite nicely. The coffee is unroasted and still whole bean so not your usual coffee flavours. Quite fruity.

It doesn't sound that good tbh. But then I'm not very complex...

It doesn't sound that good tbh. But then I'm not very complex...
It took about halfway through for it to come together. A bit like eating olives for the first time. Not a style I'll be in a hurry to try again tbh.

:icon_lol:

Good point. Silly me.

Possibly not the right place for this, but was unsure where else to put it:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2018/01/23/third-alcohol-sold-england-drunk-just-4-per-cent-nation-figures/
Just 4 per cent of the population consume almost one-third of all the alcohol sold in England, new healthcare data has revealed...
the majority of the group were drinking very cheap, high-strength alcohol such as cider. A three-litre bottle of cider containing 22.5 units of alcohol can be bought for as little as £3.60...
4% of the uk consumes 33.3% of the alcohol? Given how much culture appears to be based around drinking?
the real scary bit:
He said: "My patients with alcohol-related cirrhosis, their average consumption is 120 units a week. That's the median, the mean is higher - it's 150.

"A typical Frosty Jack's drinker would be drinking about 16 litres a week and they would be paying about £20 for it - now that would go up three-fold, they'd be paying almost £70 for it."

Honest Brew have got Yellow Belly in. Bank members only today, general sale tomorrow.

Superb beer. Modern day classic.

Still got a bottle on the shelf, just can’t bring myself to open it. I might order a couple, I’ve been pretty good so far this month.

Yellow Belly is the beer name. Made by Buxton and Omnipollo. Pretty distinctive packaging....

[/IMG]
Sound. When I searched just a range called Yellowbelly popped up. Maybe as not in stock for me

Back