• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Beer

Probably not for everyone but if you go to the Adnams website and order using the code TREAT10 you can get £10 off any order, so a 6 beer box at £10 you just pay £2.99 delivery.

Swore I wouldn't buy any big beers this month due to a quiet December at work but forgot about HB's beer credits, so topped them up and used my three free minutes to order this lot:

Reuben's Brews x Siren - Home From Home Coffee NE IPA 6.0%
Whiplash - Scaldy Split Ice Cream IPA 6.5%
Northern Monk - Patrons Project 6.04 Hit & Roll Peach Lactose IPA 6.0%
Beavertown - Shut Up and Play the Hits! DIPA 8.0%
Stillwater - Nu Tropic Mango Passionfruit IPA 6.0%
Stillwater - Wavvy DIPA 8.0%
Cloudwater - IPA Simcoe Chinook 6.5%
Northern Monk - Dark Neapolitan Cherry, Chocolate & Pistachio Porter 6.2%
Mobberley - Juice Stream Orange NE IPA 5.6%
Mobberley - Espresso Cosmic Coffee Stout 7.2%
Wild Beer Co - Nebula Hazy IPA 5.0%
Siren - Forest for the Trees DIPA 8.6%
Northern Monk - World Gone Sour IPA 6.2%
Northern Monk - Patrons Project 9.03 Don't Look Baterang in Anger IPA 7.3%
Northern Monk - Patrons Project 3.04 Blueberry Black IPA 7.0%

Just trying a pint of Directors in the pub. No idea of rep but it's ok. Nothing more. Better than Doombar any way.

I find Directors far too bland. 'Better than Doombar' is no accolade - its like rating a prospective new midfielder as 'better than Steve Corica'.

Yeah I was aware it wasn't a high bar. It says on the pump "fruity" but there's not much if it in there. Not even as much as a good pint of Pedigree.

The NMBCo stuff is good Boozad. However the World Gone Sour is probably the least impressive. It's essentially New World with added lactose and lemon juice.

Brilliant glass, beer's not bad either.
a9abede53ce1da75d59fa6cd173bb5a8.jpg

Lovely malty, treacle and rich dark fruits with a balancing late, but lasting, bitterness and slight citrus hop bite. Complex and deep but incredibly drinkable for a 6.2% ruby. Almost cask-like condition out of the bottle too. Check out that dense head and lacing after 20 minutes in the glass.

84664cebaab4d5d531406d766b7c5ff9.jpg

Simple enough for you, Frank ;)

7f779fb542d994c9fed2d4003e15d261.jpg

It's an odd one. Coffee is more prominent on the nose. Quite hoppy up front but then the coffee kicks in. Quite raw/grainy tasting and a bit too astringent to start with, but once your palate adjusts it all comes together quite nicely. The coffee is unroasted and still whole bean so not your usual coffee flavours. Quite fruity.

Lovely malty, treacle and rich dark fruits with a balancing late, but lasting, bitterness and slight citrus hop bite. Complex and deep but incredibly drinkable for a 6.2% ruby. Almost cask-like condition out of the bottle too. Check out that dense head and lacing after 20 minutes in the glass.

84664cebaab4d5d531406d766b7c5ff9.jpg
So it's that 'complex', yet you have quite easily described it?

Back