• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Beer

I can live without excessive lychee to be fair, can’t stand ‘em.

It’s not like it’s going to be eating lychees is it? Can’t say I’m a fan of pumpkin either but nailed a few pumpkin beers last year.

I don't like pumpkin as well. I steer clear of pumpkin beers.

I’ll try anything once. Especially if it’s from Cloudwater.

Tried a bottle of Purple Panther from Lidl's range last night and whilst it wasn't bad, it reminded me of the reason why I don't really like porters and why Titanic/St Peter's Plum Porter continually amazes me.

Are there any other decent porters out there which doesn't place the emphasis on a coffee taste?

A good evening at Little leeds Beer House yesterday evening for their BBNo tasting.

18|08 Farmhouse Biere de Garde 7.4% Tempanrillo red wine barrel aged.

01|31 Saison Mouteka Wai-iti Vic Secret 4.2% collab with Track.

11|26 Session IPA Chinook Columbus Summit 4.2%

21|05 Pale Ale Citra 5.2%

To cap off a good evening we also had a visit from some of the brewers for Dark Star festival which starts tomorrow. Nice to catch up with some old friends.

Tried a bottle of Purple Panther from Lidl's range last night and whilst it wasn't bad, it reminded me of the reason why I don't really like porters and why Titanic/St Peter's Plum Porter continually amazes me.

Are there any other decent porters out there which doesn't place the emphasis on a coffee taste?
Millions of them mate. Anything from Buxton, Magic Rock or Kernel for starters.

Just picked this lot up from The Wine Seller

Kernel - Pale Ale (Simcoe) & Export Porter
Salopian - Kashmir
Cloudwater/Verdant/Deya/Northern Monk - Awkward Phase IPA
One Mile End - Blood Orange Wheat DIPA
Arbor - Goo Goo G'Joob Imperial Maple Stout
Black Iris - Endless Summer Session IPA
Titanic - Plum Porter Grand Reserve
Northern Monk/De Molen - Dark City Stout
Twisted Barrel - Wake Up Juicy Belgian DIPA
Wylam - Sweet Leaf IPA
Time & Tide - Binary Blended Saison Barrel Aged in White Burgundy
Beavertown/Firestone Walker - West Side Bravo IPL
97712c9adc574ca73b274dc75e51bf2a.jpg

Redwell - Kofra Stout
Sadlers - Mud City Stout
Redchurh - Old Ford Export Stout
Harviestoun - Old Engine Oil
Hook Norton - Double Stout

All good supermarket stout options.

The 6% Mud City is fantastic stuff. B&M had some of it in last year, but not been there for ages to see if it's still available.

Be weary of Mud City 'Original'. It's only 4.2% and is basically watered down. It' nowhere near as good as the proper 6% stuff.

Redwell - Kofra Stout
Sadlers - Mud City Stout

Does that Redwell one come in a bright green can? Think I've had that before but didn't really know what to make of it.

Does that Redwell one come in a bright green can? Think I've had that before but didn't really know what to make of it.
Yeah, this one...

beer_373551.jpg

It's decent if not brilliant. Nice dry stout flavour but a bit thin bodied and fizzy for the style from what I remember.

The 6% Mud City is fantastic stuff. B&M had some of it in last year, but not been there for ages to see if it's still available.

It is, picked up the hop bomb and mud city stout. Both the full versions. Think they were £1.30 each.

My local Bargain Booze has 3 Titanic beers for £5. Plum Porter, Captain Smith and the excellent White Star all purchased. Rude not to (500ml bottles too.).

Redwell - Kofra Stout
Sadlers - Mud City Stout

Cheers, will keep an eye out for them.

Back