• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Beer

£10 off orders over £35 at HonestBrew with coupon code FREEBERDAY

FFS, I ordered from BD yesterday as well. That £10 off and 10% off would have been fucking bundip, they've got some brilliant bank exclusives in as well. :(

BrewDog Nine to Five Wizard

NMBCo leeds Beer Week IPA

NMBCo Knucklepuck Time DIPA

All superb.

Serving temperature for most sours? Had a bottle of Thornbridge Tart last night and didn't chill it - was wondering if that was the right thing to do?

50–55°F (10–13°C): Belgian ales, sour ales, Bocks, English bitters and milds, Scottish ales

I've got a bottle of that in the fridge at home too.

Just seen an email off Thornbridge too offering a crate of 12 Jaipur X for around £20.

Beavertown X Trillium, Beaverillium IPA - 7.5%.

Phenomenal drink!

Not beer but I was drinking Longmorn 23 last night and it was absolutely glorious. Right up my street, medium body, no peat or smoke. Lots of honeycomb and spicy ginger on the nose, lovely fresh green apple, lemon, vanilla taste and a long, dry, oaky finish. Pure luxury. Easily the best Speyside I've ever had.

Cloudwater Chubbles - 10% Triple IPA. Beer of the year, fucking stunning stuff.

Not beer but I was drinking Longmorn 23 last night and it was absolutely glorious. Right up my street, medium body, no peat or smoke. Lots of honeycomb and spicy ginger on the nose, lovely fresh green apple, lemon, vanilla taste and a long, dry, oaky finish. Pure luxury. Easily the best Speyside I've ever had.

Nice, but very expensive.

Haven't had the pleasure, I'll have to see if I can get hold of some.

They have some One Mile End in The Wine Seller, if my memory serves me right.

Ooh, and there's my mission before I go back to work on Thursday.

Not an expert on beer, but yesterday I went to the Wallaw in Blyth. It is a Wetherspoon, say no more, but the Art Deco, in the old cinema building was marvelous. I went to the toilets 4 times just to check the beautiful design out. The most glamorous toilets I have ever been to, unbelievable.
If you ever go to Blyth, check the building out, especially the toilets. Maybe give the food a miss though.

Last edited:
There are actually some nice* Wetherspoons around the country and they do some decent stuff with old buildings that would otherwise either be left to rot or be knocked down altogether.

Unfortunately for us, the one in Wolves is probably one of the worst city centre examples in the entire UK. It has absolutely nothing to recommend it. It's filthy, it's dank, it's characterless, the layout is woeful and the staff are morons.

The St Matthews one in Walsall is actually alright for instance. Natural light and everything.

*The pubs themselves I mean. They will always attract pondlife because of the prices. But the pubs tend to be big enough that you can get away from them.

The Wetherspoons in Hinckley is fine. They have a good array of guest beers at a reasonable price. The only problem with The Baron is that other pubs in the town centre have struggled to compete with it.

Back