• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Beer

Micro brewing seems to be the coming thing in Ireland at the moment. I'm thinking of looking into it as a business proposition. Start-up costs seem to be prohibitive for me though, I read €11k minimum, so it's a bit of a risk.

Dont hesitate to send me a PM if you are serious about that, friends of mine recently oversaw the Molson Coors buy-out of the Franciscan Brewery in Cork. Also have a few mates working in Diageo that could offer advice and distribution opportunities.

I heard many years ago that Younger's Tartan Bitter was formulated to have a greater content of higher alcohols (i.e. bigger molecules that need more water to break them down) so that it would give you a hangover. Apparently the thinking was that if you woke up feeling like death, you would believe you'd had a good night out.

Just about on a par with... Watney's Red Barrell!

There's always been a Watneys keyring on the original set of our house keys, currently attached to my dad's car keys i think, been on there as long as i can remember.

There's always been a Watneys keyring on the original set of our house keys, currently attached to my dad's car keys i think, been on there as long as i can remember.

I hope he found it Mark, or had it given to him.
I'd hate to think he went out, spent money and then drank that shit...

Screen%20Shot%202013-08-27%20at%2013.32.32.png

Anyone reckon they can compete?

As my wife is an esteemed poster on this forum I cannot begin to tell you how exceedingly dangerous for my joy department it would be were I to post a reply to that.

Had some of this at my sons a few weeks ago, it's about 7%, fucking ell i was rough the next day.

images

I do quite like Leffe actually, but I really can't handle continental beers at all. I had some Delirium not so long ago and I was amazed I didn't die.

Duvel is nice

Had quite a bit (well a lot) of Saint Omer when in France last week. Nice stuff but it bloats you VERY quickly so maximum pintage consumption is hard to achieve within acceptable time frames.

Had some of this at my sons a few weeks ago, it's about 7%, fucking ell i was rough the next day.

images

I had a few bought for me once. They were about the same strength as the one mentioned but was in a big bottle with a champagne style cork and wire. Loopy juice.

I had a few bought for me once. They were about the same strength as the one mentioned but was in a big bottle with a champagne style cork and wire. Loopy juice.

That's what i was on, the juice of the devil!!

So close to beer heaven last weekend.

One bottle of Bathams - but it was bitter rather than mild!
One bottle of Banks' - but it was bitter rather than mild!
One bottle of Hobgoblin.

*sighs*

So close to beer heaven last weekend.

One bottle of Bathams - but it was bitter rather than mild!
One bottle of Banks' - but it was bitter rather than mild!
One bottle of Hobgoblin.

*sighs*

Mild?!

And Banks?!

Back