• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Beer

Pleasantly surprised to see Pardoe's Entire in the Cat, Enville last night.

Although £3 is taking the piss a bit...

Absolutely superb pint. I love Entire, and if I'm feeling brave, Bumblehole. Amazing brewery.

Just enjoying an Oxford Gold.

Not a bad tipple out of the bottle.

Is that an organic beer Stan?

Don't think so.

Bottle looks like this:
ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21373650481.599323.jpg

One of the better bottled ales I've had.

I actually prefer Brakspear from a bottle as opposed to draft. Very nice indeed.

I've just been to a poncy shithole of a bar next to the Bullring. Crappy lager: £4.50 a pint. Disgraceful.

Had a St Austell lager called Korev which although better than the bog standard offerings was much too cold and 'chemically'.

Off down the local later for a much better beer at almost 50% of the price.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21373655513.608975.jpg

Just drinking one of these beauties. Really citrusy as you would imagine.

Never heard of that but sounds nice. Where are you?

Don't think so.

Bottle looks like this:
View attachment 495

One of the better bottled ales I've had.
Ah ok, I remember, vaguely, having a pint of something organic and I'm sure it was Oxford something or other. Anyway, it ruined my guts the next day.

Anyone heard of a craft ale called Hatherwood Golden Goose? 99p a bottle in Lidl. Not too shabby, especially for that price! Well balanced session bitter.

Never heard of that but sounds nice. Where are you?

Just at a pub in Nottingham called Spankys. The guest beers are usually pretty shit but this one breaks the mould.

Sat in the beer garden with a pint of Golden Glow and all is well with the world again.

How long should still cider be kept before throwing? [after opening]

I've never had it before - it was flat in the first place :-S

Until it tastes bad. If it tastes fine, drink up.

In the Derby Tup, Chesterfield, a pint of Pale Rider followed by a Castle Rock Harvest Pale.

Hawkshead Brewery, Windermere Pale.

Absolutely fantastic.

Tesco have started selling 'A Proper Job'.
Gorgeous pint. Bottle conditioned though, so steady as it goes....
€2.99 or 3 for €7.

Gone off the 'Bishops Finger' a bit (after a surfeit of it one night), have tried the 'Proper Job', was ok but didn't think it anything special - nice and 'hoppy' but a bit lightweight for me.
Tonight have resorted to Fullers 'London Porter' x3 and will be finishing off with some Fullers India Pale Ale.
Am over in England next week for a few days Hols in Suffolk so I will be on Adnams I assume.
Anybody know of anything else worth looking out for over that way?
Micro brewing seems to be the coming thing in Ireland at the moment. I'm thinking of looking into it as a business proposition. Start-up costs seem to be prohibitive for me though, I read €11k minimum, so it's a bit of a risk.

Micro brewing seems to be the coming thing in Ireland at the moment. I'm thinking of looking into it as a business proposition. Start-up costs seem to be prohibitive for me though, I read €11k minimum, so it's a bit of a risk.

I see the Porterhouse have got bottles into Tesco too, but they're only the small bottles and they're a bit overpriced, so I don't buy them, but in pint bottles (well, 500cl) I'd buy them if they were priced ok.
That's the marketing side you're up against, plus I think Guinness have most of the distribution sewn up so you might hit a bottleneck there too (decent pun, but sorry!).

Back