• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Beer

Should be having a few beers in Nottingham this Saturday evening. Any recommendations?

Could have bought the Boss Compression Sustainer I've been wanting for ages for the price of this lot, but fuck me :licklips:

HonestBrew x Wiper and True - Lemon Sorbet Pale Ale 4.2%
Northern Monk - Faith 5.4%
Northern Monk - Heathen - IPA 7.2%
Cloudwater - DIPA Centennial 9%
Modern Times - Fortunate Islands - IPA 5%
Black Market - The Enemy Within Dragonfruit IPA 7%
Black Market - New England IPA 7.5%
Green Flash - Soul Style IPA 6.8%
Northern Monk - Patrons Project: 3:03 Black Hole Sun 6.8%
Beavertown - Peacherman Witbier 5%
Magic Rock - Telepathy IPA 7.2%
Lervig - Lucky Jack Grapefruit - Pale Ale 4.7%
Buxton - King Slayer 8%
Kernel - Centennial Mosaic Simcoe IPA 7%
Fourpure - Juicebox - IPA 5.9%
Fierce Beer - Tropical Tart - Berliner Weisse 4.5%
Siren - Proteus IV - IPA 6.9%
BrewDog - Jack Hammer - IPA 7.2%
Weird Beard - Safeword Chokeberry IPA 6.6%
Weird Beard - Five O'Clock Shadow - IPA 7.3%

Cheers. Some have gone to the Pit and Pendulum which has OK beer (goff pub apparently) but I'll recommend those tomorrow :)

Pit and pendulum should stay open longer, a pub you choose for music rather than beer though.

The Bodega opposite has good beer on

Junkyard is good for beer although not sure it's great for a group.

@Jolemai, I forgot to mention, NMBCo have had a change of heart. Communion is back!

I was happily surprised the other day to find some proper beer at my local supermarket, so I grabbed myself some Bombardier, some London Pride and some King Goblin. I've just opened a bottle of the latter, it's not bad, but I can't say it's any different to normal Hobgoblin to be honest (not that I've had any of that for a while)

It does make a welcome change from the usual dirge that gets served here. And it feels weird pouring out a pint bottle... 33cl is as good as you get generally.

From what? Each other? It would be a bit $#@! if they were all the same.

Yeah, that's what I mean. In my experience porters have the widest range of variability in quality than pretty much any other style.

Nah, look at some of the tripe that's marketed as IPA these days. There's some utter shit out there.

Tried Brewdog's Electric India and Hazy Jane the other night. Nice beers but I was unsure of I really liked them. Any other entry level recommendations for the style? (Saison/Farmhouse and Vermont IPA respectively)

Back