• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Beer

Burning Sky make superb Saisons. As for Vermont IPA's, the world is your oyster at the moment. Cloudwater, Verdant and Deya initially spring to mind, but there probably aren't many UK craft breweries NOT making one right now!

Saison Dupont is the grandaddy of the style, if you want a good benchmark.

And the Brew By Numbers Saisons are meant to be superb too.

If you have a waitrose nearby, Savour Saison is available for around £1.80 and is a pretty good example of the style. Certainly not as hoppy as Electric India, but more true to style.

savour_-_saison.jpg

If you're feeling more extravagent, then they also sell 750ml bottles of Wild Beer Ninkasi, which is a saison fermented on apples, for £7.50. It's awesome!

WIld-Beer---Ninkasi.jpg

Oh, and Boulevard - Tank 7 is absolutely spot on too. They sell it in Pure Craft on tap if you're ever in Brum.

BBNos and The Kernel do some excellent Saison/Farmhouse.

Mad Hatter Harvest Saison

Wild Beer Epic Saison and Ninkasi
Beavertown Quelle and Appleation

Haven't received my last HB order yet (fucking pre-orders), but I saw they had bank exclusives on Cloudwater v Verdant plus Siren's coffee range and latest fruit smoothie IPA. Would have been rude not to.

Cloudwater v Verdant - Loral & Ardi Dry Hopped Tripel 8.2%
Siren - Comfortable Silence Fruit Smoothie IPA 6%
Siren - Americano DIPA 9.2%
Siren - Crema White Stout 4.9%
Siren - Turkish Imperial Stout 10%
Mad Hatter - Orange & Basil IPA 5.8%
Fierce Beer - Moose Mousse Chocolate Porter 4.5%
Northern Monk x Lonely Planet x Fieldwork - Travel Notes IPA 6.5%
Wild Beer Co - Sleeping Lemons Gose (Export) 6%
Weird Beard - Something Something Darkside 9.2%
Verdant - Some Fifty Summers v2 Session IPA 4.6%
BrewDog - Pump Action Poet 7.5%
Tickety Brew - Peach Iced Tea Pale Ale 4%
Brew by Numbers - 05|21 IPA Azacca & NZ Cascade 6.2%

Intrigued by those Siren coffee beers Boozad. Let us know how they are.

Taking the in-laws down to London this weekend so they and 8000 other folk aged 70+ can sing along with Cliff Richard.....
so any recommendations for Pubs in the Greenwich area to fill the time whilst the old 'uns cut loose. Staying near the Maritime Museum.

Cheers Phil. Gipsy Moth currently has a Craft Beer Festival running...that is Saturday evening sorted.

Ice cream flavoured beer is far more palatable.

Did anyone get to try Brewdog's Compassion? A 6 % passion fruit IPA but it's only a very small batch :(

Compassion is a Cloudwater × Dry & Bitter collab. 50% of profits to Grenfell Tower. I got mine at Brewdog North Street this arvo.
4274125de30c8e1bd82554416a008630.jpg

Back