• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Beer

My £3 honesty box has arrived...

Beavertown - Neck Oil
Siren - Proteus v2
Wylam - Hickey the Rake
Verdant - Light Bulb
Arbor Ales - Shangri-La
Buxton - Moor Tap

That's a fucking result that is mate!

Very smokey and peaty. It's a cracking single malt from the Isle of Skye, maybe not to everybody's liking. I've yet to try the Storm, Skye and Neist Point so couldn't comment on those and usually stick to the 10 year. Worth a go and very rewarding if you acquire the taste.

Very smokey and peaty. It's a cracking single malt from the Isle of Skye, maybe not to everybody's liking. I've yet to try the Storm, Skye and Neist Point so couldn't comment on those and usually stick to the 10 year. Worth a go and very rewarding if you acquire the taste.

Thank you. The first sentence has convinced me to try it.

Whisky/Brandy is rank.

I've always been more of a rum or port type of guy. Or Kahlua.

Sorry but I just do not like rum. No particular reason, but it is just not for me.

Finally got to try the mythical Bathams XXX and to be honest, I preferred the Mild. The XXX is a heavy drink (doesn't look like it though) with a mild coffee aftertaste. You can tell it's a 6.3% while you can't do that with, say, certain Brewdog beers.

Also had a BCA BFG, Fireside, and a Plain Ales IPA.

I've got a Glenfiddich 15 year for over Christmas and a Talisker. I do love Jura but haven't long finished a bottle off.
We did the Glenfiddich distillery tour a couple of years ago (only one open on a Sunday in that area). We tasted the bog standard you get in the Co-On right up to the 30-year . I preferred the 15 to the 30, but the best of the lit was the 18-year (I think). So smooth, none of the harshness of the cheaper stuff.

Just ordered first Beer Hawk mystery case, and some Leffe Christmas Ale.

76a81343384e92b96297888fb5b5348b.jpg

Take NMBCo Eternal Session IPA, replace the yeast with a strain taken from 'Trilogy Yeast' fermentation and hey presto - Eternal Belgique! Brilliant.

We did the Glenfiddich distillery tour a couple of years ago (only one open on a Sunday in that area). We tasted the bog standard you get in the Co-On right up to the 30-year . I preferred the 15 to the 30, but the best of the lit was the 18-year (I think). So smooth, none of the harshness of the cheaper stuff.

A visit to a distillery. Now that is something I would enjoy.

18 year is my sweet spot really but I only buy one once in a blue moon.

How many years does it need before it is at its best.

Eye of the beholder really, each to their own and all that. Like I say, my personal favourite is 18 year as, as SLA rightly said, it's an extremely smooth drink with a lot less alcohol burn of a standard 12 year. It varies from whisky to whisky as well but generally the more mature it is the better.

Eye of the beholder really, each to their own and all that. Like I say, my personal favourite is 18 year as, as SLA rightly said, it's an extremely smooth drink with a lot less alcohol burn of a standard 12 year. It varies from whisky to whisky as well but generally the more mature it is the better.

Thank you. I am no expert on whisky, as you can tell...

Back