• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Beer

Wiper & True - Simcoe & Rye. A lovely drop. Velvety smooth, peppery warmth from the rye and pleasantly hoppy.

Yeah it's a great drop, had one earlier.

Evil Twin - Hop Flood. 7% Amber Ale. Bit of a malt bomb, not a bad thing but I was expecting something a bit different from the name/style. Heavy on the caramel with resinous/dank hop flavour.

Crate - 7.2% Black IPA. Really nice beer but I'm not sure it's an IPA by any stretch of the imagination. Call it a hoppy stout or a Cascadian dark ale and people would rave about it I reckon. Those styles just aren't in fashion though I suppose.

Weird Beard - Decadence Stout. 5.5% stout. 2nd time I've had this, lovely beer.

Popped into Waitrose this morning and grabbed some Christmas beers including Golden Glow, Fursty Ferret, Oakham Citra, Jaipur & Punk IPA.

However, despite picking those up, I am currently drinking an alcoholic ice tea :icon_lol:

The postie has been early this morning and delivered my Honest Box... I got
Honest Brew - APA
Wylam - Hickey the Rake
Eight Degrees - Sunburnt Irish Red Ale
Siren Craft - Vermont Tea Party
Beavertown - Neck Oil
Northern Star - Mocha Porter

Only one beer (Neck Oil) that I've had before and really looking forward to trying them out especially the Earl Grey and the Mocha Porter

That's a brilliant selection Mike. The Mocha Porter is class.

Ooof, fair play to them. I noticed Beer Hawk's beer bullet but just presumed that Honest Brew had messed up on the patent for their Howler.

I can't see how it could be patented and I can't see how Beer Hawk has infringed any Intellectual Property.

It is a tube to carry beer and it is not new or novel so would not be patentable.

I can't see how it could be patented and I can't see how Beer Hawk has infringed any Intellectual Property.

It is a tube to carry beer and it is not new or novel so would not be patentable.
No I guess not, which is why they've been able to blatantly steal the idea.

No I guess not, which is why they've been able to blatantly steal the idea.

I understand Honest Brew's concern and it does piss me off that some idle tool at Beer Hawk has just stolen the idea, but then I have the same level of ire at most big corporate structures that have all the innovation of a Wolves midfield consisting of Saville, Edwards and Coady.

If Honest Brew had applied for Design Rights that would have given them the right to challenge Beer Hawk, they could have even just stuck TM after the Howler and applied for a registered trade mark (R). You have to ask yourself if it is worth it though and what is it going to actually prove or defend. They should be spinning this positively (look at us out thinking the big boys; this proves we are truly innovative; we know how to sell the beer you want how you want it, etc) rather than bleating about a bunch of arsehats like InBev. Honest Brew are better than that.

Reads to me like they're more bothered about what's being delivered rather than the method.

I don't think they're that bothered that someone stole their 3 can idea, just that the people who've taken it on are using it to sell what they see as an inferior product but because it shares their method they think people will assume they're getting similar quality/product. I think they're just trying to open people's eyes to the marketing tactics of the big boys, rather than trying to create a product which can rival the smaller craft breweries they're just copying the packaging and other marketing from that side of the industry and hoping that'll trick some people into buying their stuff instead of what they're really after.

Reads to me like they're more bothered about what's being delivered rather than the method.

I don't think they're that bothered that someone stole their 3 can idea, just that the people who've taken it on are using it to sell what they see as an inferior product but because it shares their method they think people will assume they're getting similar quality/product. I think they're just trying to open people's eyes to the marketing tactics of the big boys, rather than trying to create a product which can rival the smaller craft breweries they're just copying the packaging and other marketing from that side of the industry and hoping that'll trick some people into buying their stuff instead of what they're really after.

Negative marketing doesn't work for products Mark (although it is bloody effective for politics for some reason).

My Honest Brew stuff should be arriving today by Yodel and the wife isn't home :icon_exclaim: :yikes:

I did warn you.... :D

I had a similar beer the other night. Omnipollo Noa Pecan Mud Cake. An 11% imperial stout. All fudge and decadent dark chocolate with a hint of rum. Cost me £6.80 for a 330ml bottle. It was absolutely superb and I nursed it for an hour and a half.
I class that as good value.

I had a similar beer the other night. Omnipollo Noa Pecan Mud Cake. An 11% imperial stout. All fudge and decadent dark chocolate with a hint of rum. Cost me £6.80 for a 330ml bottle. It was absolutely superb and I nursed it for an hour and a half.
I class that as good value.

What you neglected to tell us is that you're already so tired from baby #3 you were asleep for half of that 90 minutes...

Back