• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Beer

Dishonest Box:

Arbor - Shangri-La Session IPA
Thornbridge - Chiron APA
Mad Hatter - Penny Lane Pale Ale
Brixton - Low Voltage Session IPA
Beavertown - Neck Oil Session IPA
Verdant - Light Bulb Extra Pale Ale

Nothing outstanding but can't moan at that for six quid.

My Honest box has arrived at the Tyneside Mail Centre and is making its way to the local delivery office as may arrive at my door tomorrow or Monday at the latest...

Mine came to work today via yodel. Ordered some extra on Monday and it all came together today

Turns out my box did get left with a neighbour, thanks for letting me know about that Royal Mail by the way. This what I got...

Dark Star - Revelation - Pale Ale
HonestBrew - APA
Rascals - Pacific Secret - Saison
Buxton - Patersbier - Belgian Ale
Roosters - Modern Way - Session IPA
Tempest - The Pale Armadillo - Session IPA

Nothing in there looking like it's really my bag, might give the Belgian effort a go but I'll happily pass the rest on.

My box:

Great Heck: Christopher 4.3% golden ale
Honest Brew American Pale Ale 6.2%
Shin Digger Pale Ale 4.7%
Time and Tide Calista IPA 6.1%
Rascals Pacific Secret dry hopped saison 4.4%
Dark Star Revelation

No idea about any of them. A bit heavy on the pale ale and I would have liked at least one stout or Porter but for just over a tenner including postage I'm not complaining.

Pressure Drop - India Rubber Ball. 7.2% single hopped Citra IPA brewed with clementines. This beer is fucking incredible, I absolutely love it. Forget Bloody 'Ell and Bloody Notorious, this is the best British orange IPA by a country mile. On the nose it's straight up orange zest, grapefruit + those fruit salad sweets you used to get. You could bottle the aroma and just live in it. It's a medium body, fuck all alcohol burn, just a massive tropical fruit hit with a pithy orange/grapefruit bitterness.

Pressure Drop - India Rubber Ball. 7.2% single hopped Citra IPA brewed with clementines. This beer is fucking incredible, I absolutely love it. Forget Bloody 'Ell and Bloody Notorious, this is the best British orange IPA by a country mile. On the nose it's straight up orange zest, grapefruit + those fruit salad sweets you used to get. You could bottle the aroma and just live in it. It's a medium body, fuck all alcohol burn, just a massive tropical fruit hit with a pithy orange/grapefruit bitterness.

Just started on a Siren Pompelmocello and it had the same effect. A 6% grapefruit IPA that is just pure grapefruit, proper tart, sweet and tangy. You couldn't get any closer to grapefruit juice than this and it pisses all over Elvis Juice.

Wiper & True - Simcoe and Rye.

I'd bath in this. Pretty much perfection.

Had a Vibrant Forest - Cydonia beforehand which was excellent too. Tremendous hoppy red ale.

Cloudwater - IPA Citra. 6.5% Spring/Summer IPA. Another Cloudwater winner, superbly hopped with Citra. Juicy as fuck with a perfect, crisp bitter finish. Still one of my favourite breweries out there.

Wild Beer - Brett Brett DIPA. A completely different beast to a Cloudwater DIPA but seriously good nevertheless.

Magic Rock - Rapture, exactly what a hoppy red ale backed by malt should be. Ace stuff.

Just started on a Siren Pompelmocello and it had the same effect. A 6% grapefruit IPA that is just pure grapefruit, proper tart, sweet and tangy. You couldn't get any closer to grapefruit juice than this and it pisses all over Elvis Juice.
66b11f97d5ea180a351c720513a0e049.jpg

Had one of those on Monday in Friends of Ham, leeds. It is a belter.

Turns out my box did get left with a neighbour, thanks for letting me know about that Royal Mail by the way. This what I got...

Dark Star - Revelation - Pale Ale
HonestBrew - APA
Rascals - Pacific Secret - Saison
Buxton - Patersbier - Belgian Ale
Roosters - Modern Way - Session IPA
Tempest - The Pale Armadillo - Session IPA

Nothing in there looking like it's really my bag, might give the Belgian effort a go but I'll happily pass the rest on.
Give the saison a whirl too. Has a flavour all of its own.

I now have in my possession:
2x 660ml, 3x 330ml and 10x 500ml bottles of the homebrew rye pale with Simcoe and fuck tons of Mosaic, dry hopped with even more Mosaic. I also have the same quantity of the same beer but dry hopped with Simcoe, Cascade & Columbus.
Should be good to go in about 2 weeks :)

Honest brew box has arrived. I got -

ShinDigger - West Coast Pale Ale 4.7%
Big Smoke - Electric Eye - Pale Ale 5%
Wild Beer Co - POGO - APA 4%
Dark Star - Revelation - Pale Ale 5.7%
HonestBrew - APA 6.2%
Verdant - Light Bulb - APA 4.5%

Thoughts? I haven't tried any of them before so have done quite well!

So three down, three to go.

I loved the Revelation. Lovely kick and after taste following the first sip.

The Verdant Light Bulb was refreshing but a little on the bland side.

Most disappointing was POGO. A few on here had been waxing lyrical about it so I was expecting great things, but it didn't have the fruity kick I was expecting. Could be because I've got man flu and it's messing with my taste buds though!

Hoe big are the boxes? I've got to go and collect mine from town.

Not that big.
The correct answer is 'too big for the bag I brought so I'll have to carry it all over town'.

I shall be opening it in about 15 minutes. I need to decide which to keep for myself and which to give to my uncle for his present.

My selection:

Dark Star - Revelation 5.7%
Rascals - Pacific Secret 4.4%
Wild Beer Co - Pogo 4.1%
Time and Tide - Spratwaffler Pale Ale 3.7%
Honest Brew - APA 6.2%
Tempest Brewing Co - Pale Armadillo 3.8%

Dark Star aside, I don't think I've had any of the others.

Back