• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Beer

That just sounds fucking pretentious.

I'm sure you'd react the same way if I told you a bottle of the cheapest shit red wine was 'just fine' when compared to a bottle of Chateauneuf du pape.

Revisionist is a value range commissioned by Tesco from an already terrible brewery. It's piss water.

I'm sure you'd react the same way if I told you a bottle of the cheapest shit red wine was 'just fine' when compared to a bottle of Chateauneuf du pape.

Revisionist is a value range commissioned by Tesco from an already terrible brewery. It's piss water.

I disagree.

Frankly I wouldn't.

Beer snobbery is a pox that is growing.

I disagree.

Tbh, when it comes to this subject I hope you wont be too offended when I tell you that I wont take too much notice of your opinion. I wouldn't ask Langers for advice if I was compiling a list of the 10 best left arm off spinners of all time, I wont ask you about beer.

Frankly I wouldn't.

Beer snobbery is a pox that is growing.

You know you would. You react aggressively to everything you disagree with. :icon_lol:

Case in point, you referring to someone choosing to hold beer to the same standard as wine/fine food as a 'snob' and a 'pox' that presumably needs to be cured?

Surely its all a case of personal preference, I wouldn't dream of telling someone what to like !!

Surely its all a case of personal preference, I wouldn't dream of telling someone what to like !!

I'd tell someone they were wrong if they told me they enjoyed Sheyi Ojo's performances for Wolves last season.

Whatever

*makes note to stay away from the crashing beer bore thread in future*

Machin, what did you think of the BA Albino Squid?

It was huuuuuge. I liked it, but it's definitely a night-cap kinda drink. Really fruity, sweet and heavy. Not quite as good as the Barrel Aged Double Axe, which was similar but less heavy.

It is a big beer, it's quite inconsistent as well I've found. The first few bottles I had were full on whisky whereas the second lot (which included the one I gave you) was much more toffee/fruity.

On the taste thingy. I had a Wild Beer Millionaire yesterday. Undoubtably a very good beer, but it is everything that I dislike about stouts/porters. Way too sweet and sickly for my palate.

Back to Revisionist. Is it an opportunity for the brewers to showcase their talents or a cynical opportunity for a bigger brewer to exploit a market that is a threat to the 'normal' stuff? Tag it with Craft and it will sell attitude targetting a certain drinker demograph whilst trying to legitimise it with their mainstream image. Personally I think it is the latter. A bang average ale that is overpriced way above what it delivers.

Taste is taste, everybody likes different stuff. The Millionaire is a case in point, it's obviously a very good beer but it's not for some people, including me.

Taste is one thing. The fact that some beers are of much, much better quality than others is another thing. They're both true, why people have to be labelled snobs just because they realise both is beyond me.

Beer snobbery is no different to that of, say, wine or food...but I don't get and never will people shouting down others because they like something that they don't. Getting angry because of it is just odd (or am I doing opinion snobbery here?)....

Taste is one thing. The fact that some beers are of much, much better quality than others is another thing. They're both true, why people have to be labelled snobs just because they realise both is beyond me.

Exactly this. Taste is not the same as knowledge. Knowing how and why something is made and the standard of what that particular thing is trying to achieve is very different to taste.

A case in point would be any Apple products, undoubtedly they are of high quality and provide a distinctive look and feel, that does not stop people saying that they do not like them. Those Apple products will be infinitely better than some of the low quality shite put out on the market but some people will still like that shite, it doesn't stop it being shite. The same could be said of beer.

I've no problem with someone liking cheap quality stuff, even if it's poorly made. Just so long as they understand that it's swill/crap that they like!

1fc68ab6f7e1800e8c884d3aacc659ba.jpg

Stunningly good sour.

Just enjoying a pint of Forty Niner. Probably not up to the standard expected on here, but I like it.

Back