• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Beer

The Great Alphonso was most definitely as described! Ringmaster a decent drop. Game of Thirds brilliant as was Inhaler.

I had the honey IPA colab with Arizona Wilderness which was stunning stuff. Just a hint of sweet, sticky honey on the back end after a massive smack of resinous hops. Absolutely loved it. Magic Rock are brilliant, could've stayed there all day.

Dead Riot, I think it was called. The barmaid thought Ste had said "white wine" - not sure you would have been to happy with that!
I didn't have one, I had a Thunderbridge Stout I think it was called?

That's the one, cheers. Thunderbridge Stout was definitely one of the beers on cask there. Decent wee pub really.

Yeah, shame we had to go to the football really.

Having an Eternal. That Vermount yeast just drags out the juice and blitzes the taste buds! NMBCo have certainly nailed it with their new yeast.

Having an Eternal. That Vermount yeast just drags out the juice and blitzes the taste buds! NMBCo have certainly nailed it with their new yeast.

Don't think I've had any with the new yeast strain. How long have they been using it?

It was decent yeah. A good solid stout. From what I remember anyway!

I have never tasted Thunderbridge Stout. Is it any good?

I didn't have it, Machin and I think maybe Aiki had one. Was thinking about it but opted for A Pioneers - Working Class Hero instead. Wish I'd gone for the stout, the Pioneers was a standard English bitter. Nothing special really but drinkable.

The Bad Seed Session IPA was the best beer in the Head of Steam. Bags of flavour.

The Bad Seed Session IPA was the best beer in the Head of Steam. Bags of flavour.

Didn't see that one. Had a pint of their Summer Beer at 3.8% though which was gorgeous.

Had a few lovely beers today whilst waiting for my train in York. Crate - Stout in the Maltings, Atom - Blend 1 Camomile and Bristol Beer Factory - Nova in the York tap. The Atom was really pleasant. Such easy drinking.

I didn't have it, Machin and I think maybe Aiki had one. Was thinking about it but opted for A Pioneers - Working Class Hero instead. Wish I'd gone for the stout, the Pioneers was a standard English bitter. Nothing special really but drinkable.

I used to like a stout, but to be honest I have not had one for years, apart from Guinness.

It blows Guinness out the water.

Didn't see that one. Had a pint of their Summer Beer at 3.8% though which was gorgeous.

It was gone by the time I went up for the second round.

Just had to round off with an Odyssey Hop Fiend. Marvelous.

Back